James Storm joins WWE?

Slayer

Re: James Storm joins WWE?

Post by Slayer on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Vipes wrote:Guess Storm will have great seats to listen to the band play while that ship goes underwater for good. Enjoy your mediocrity, James.

To be fair, how do you pass up over DOUBLE the money on a GUARANTEED basis?

As much as smarks fawn over the "CREATIVE FREEDOM!!!" of NXT and all that, the pay is terrible for guys who have had previously performed on a national/global scale like Storm.

That's why just about everybody in NXT and WWE Developmental is so eager to be on the main roster ASAP, despite TEH BOOKINGZ of most NXT alumni.
    Vipes

Post by Vipes on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Oh I understand the "Take the money and run" aspect of it, especially for his family. But that's all he's getting out of TNA. If he ever aspired to be anything more than a TNA guy, that likely out the window now. But, he'll at least have plenty of cash while that ship goes down.

Post by Slayer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Vipes wrote:Oh I understand the "Take the money and run" aspect of it, especially for his family. But that's all he's getting out of TNA. If he ever aspired to be anything more than a TNA guy, that likely out the window now. But, he'll at least have plenty of cash while that ship goes down.

Considering that if he signed the deal that WWE allegedly offered he would strictly be in NXT, it's not like he would have had much career growth there either.

If that deal was for him to be both a wrestler and coach, then based on the rumors of how understaffed the Performance Center is and how overworked that they are, I can see why a guy like Storm (who can still command a big money offer from at least one other company) would pass on it.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Listen if TNA offered me $250k to work like 5 weeks a year guaranteed for two years if they're alive or not....you gotta take it.

Post by Spudz on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am

Well guess who a free man soon and who been written off at the Canadian Impact Tapings last night, after 2 years of half pushes but a great pay check and no doubt will be knocking at WWE/ Nxt's Door again.

Last edited by Spudz on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

no way they sign him after deciding to work for fucking impact instead of them. dude messed up bad.

SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 am

I'm just picturing him knocking on the door of the PC.

"Hey Paul! Remember me?! My friends Bobby and Eric are in there they can vouch for me!" Paul? Paul?"

Post by Grant on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

It's a bummer Storm made such a stupid decision. While the guy will never be a marquee name in the E, he definitely could've helped pad out the upper/midcard area. Which, the more parts of the show that are filled with good quality workers/personalities, the better. But he chose goddamn TNA. Mind blowing.

Post by Spudz on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 pm

The story Storm gives in interviews is that he and the Mrs. were trying for a kid so the NXT touring schedule wasn't ideal for him at the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm