James Storm joins WWE?

Joe5150

James Storm joins WWE?

Post by Joe5150 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:47 pm

He was at NXT tonight, at NXT the other night(though he claims it wasn't him). Now, he changed his twitter profile, now has WWE logo and he's promoting the Susan G. Komen-WWE alliance.

https://twitter.com/JamesStormBrand/status/651886344650665988?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    Spudz

Re: James Storm joins WWE?

Post by Spudz on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Regarding James Storm and the WWE NXT speculation, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Storm has had talks with officials about a player-coach type of role in NXT.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:31 am

@JamesStormBrand 5h5 hours ago
    $9.99 #SorryAboutYourDamnLuck

I don't know how he did it but good for him for seemingly securing a deal. I guess WWE doesn't care about signing TNA guys anymore.

Post by SBR on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:57 pm

As long as he doesn't try and murder Bayley at a train station I'm cool with this
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:02 pm

So i'm the one asshole who doesn't really like Storm? Not excited at all for him in NXT.

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    Spudz

Post by Spudz on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 pm

WWE.com refer him as being a former heavyweight champion.. So Dixie probably broke out some champagne tonight. Really surprise by this even when he left TNA the other month, figure he was just going to switch over to GFW but Flair and other guys that know Storm must have really sold Triple H on giving him some work in NXT, Guys like Corbin can learn a few things from him.. Hopefully this makes Roode finally slap the life vest on and swim to Full Sail and get a spot too.
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Storm definitely cooled down after his heel turn when adopted a social media hashtag used by teenage girls as his catchphrase (Sorry, Not Sorry) and then even worse with The Revolution group.

However, he's always been a talented worker with loads of charisma and excellent character work. Given his age and the fact that he's going by his pre-established name, as opposed to an assigned NXT name, he's almost certainly not going to appear on the main WWE roster.

But he can still add a lot to the product by helping NXT prospects develop and also help to fine-tune certain aspects of the indy vets that still have a chance of moving up to the main roster. He also adds diversity to the in-ring style of the NXT roster as well.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Dave said he was looking to be a player/coach so I assume he will be used well. I like Roode a lot more than I like Storm but when he in shape and motivated (aka not his last couple years with TNA) he is decent and can def help these kids down there.

Post by JustSkiff on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Meh.
    Spudz

Post by Spudz on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 pm

from prowrestlingsheet - article was link in the observer update

Former TNA Wrestling star James Storm has yet to sign a deal with NXT — despite wrestling at their show Thursday — and Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned his former employer wants to lock him down before it can happen.

Sources close to the situation tell us TNA offered Storm a new deal last week — with a big pay increase — but while mulling it over, the wrestler decided to visit with friends at the NXT Nashville show.

Much to his surprise, we’re told James Storm was offered a ticket to Orlando for NXT TakeOver: Respect to further discuss working together in the future after talking with WWE officials at the show.

Our sources tell us WWE officials want Storm to sign a deal similar to Samoa Joe’s initial contract … but no agreement for further work was signed before, or after, his debut NXT match. Company officials did however indicate that he’d be wanted at the next set of tapings.

TNA execs reached out to Storm Thursday morning after reports surfaced saying he was at TakeOver … and we’re told they offered the wrestler EVEN MORE money to re-sign — but right now, the Cowboy is just weighing out his options.

Talk about damn luck.
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Storm should wait to see if TNA gets a TV deal.

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    Vipes

Post by Vipes on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Storm should take a deal with a stable, viable company, and not hop back aboard the Titanic after it's hit the iceberg.

Post by Spudz on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Joe5150 wrote:Storm should wait to see if TNA gets a TV deal.
    Why should he wait months for something that might not happen.. TNA signing a tv deal at this point won't be a game changer, if they get lucky and a WGN or a CMT want to work with them, they aren't going throw millions at them it going be at minimal deal rate at best.

The fact that Jarrett hasn't been able to get a deal any where makes me think that TNA, isn't going have any better luck than when they went looking and ended up with the "great" Destination America deal last year.

TNA let Storm out of his "multi year" deal early, which means TNA is/was having troubles with money, of course  Storm is a bigger name now since he got more pub working NXT last night than TNA has gotten all year. With Angle leaving in a few months... Dudleys going back to WWE, they might have a few extra dollars to give Storm but how much actual work will they have for him?

I mean there had to been reasons James "I been with TNA since day 1" Storm walked away from TNA and for him to go back for maybe a few extra dollars in the long run in a company that no better than where they were a few months ago and let go a WWE opportunity that probably won't be offer to him even in just a coach/trainer role in a few years, would be very silly.. Even if it just a Rhyno deal, where he can take indies dates would be a sweet deal cause be billed as WWE NXT Star James Storm going get him a number of more dates then TNA Legend will.
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:30 am

I'm actually a bit more optimistic about TNA's immediate future than most around here, but even I don't see why Storm would go back to TNA right now, and I'm not even talking about from a creative perspective.

Yes, they are allegedly offering more money, but I would imagine that Storm's appearance at the NXT tapings (which has been confirmed by the WWE.com feature on him as airing in the next few weeks) happening while he's not under contract was a move done in good faith with something bigger in store. For him to seriously try and leverage a TNA contract offer at this point against WWE after appearing on one of their televised shows would kill any kind of relationship he could have with WWE going forward.

Plus, not only is TNA struggling financially and in regards to their TV platform once their deal with Destination America is over (next February), the company just doesn't run enough shows. Whatever monetary figures offered to him mean nothing if a new deal with TNA means he would be paid per appearance.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Yeah seriously TNA doesn't have any dates until the India tapings, they recently cancelled their Halloween house show tour of Louisiana. If he has a coach/wrestler deal or a Samoa Joe deal it should really be a no brainer.

Post by Spudz on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Sorry about your damn luck, James Rolling Eyes
    SBR

Post by SBR on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 pm

That Pop TV money too much to pass up on.

Post by Swarles on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:24 pm

As someone who isn't a storm fan, I guess I'm cool with this.

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 pm

SBR wrote:That Pop TV money too much to pass up on.

Vipes

Post by Vipes on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 am

Guess Storm will have great seats to listen to the band play while that ship goes underwater for good. Enjoy your mediocrity, James.

Post by Spudz on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:05 pm

I wonder if Dixie will offer anybody else a TNA "NXT guest star bonus" contract Wink after tonight

from prowrestlingsheet.com
    The best things in life may be free, but when you’ve got a family to feed MONEY TALKS — and that’s precisely why recent NXT wrestler James Storm re-signed with TNA before his surprise return.

As we previously reported, Storm was never locked down to a long term deal during his two appearances on WWE programming — and James’ former employer desperately wanted him back.

Sources close to the situation tell us after months of negotiations, WWE was only willing to offer him a deal that would bring Storm less than $100K a year. TNA, on the other hand, was offering 2 1/2 times more than that. Plus, he’d get a portion of merchandise sales for the 2-year contract.

Even better, we’re told his new deal would be guaranteed money — he’d still get paid in full even if TNA suddenly went out of business — and the door was left open by WWE officials for a future return.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:53 pm

I love the fact that TNA has to include clauses that people will get paid if they go out of business
    Vipes

Post by Vipes on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:36 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:I love the fact that TNA has to include clauses that people will get paid if they go out of business

Dixie will have to get a part time job at Burger King just to make sure Storm gets his check when Daddy runs out of cash.

Post by PhenominalXX1 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Spudz wrote:I wonder if Dixie will offer anybody else a TNA "NXT guest star bonus" contract  Wink  after tonight

from prowrestlingsheet.com
    The best things in life may be free, but when you’ve got a family to feed MONEY TALKS — and that’s precisely why recent NXT wrestler James Storm re-signed with TNA before his surprise return.

As we previously reported, Storm was never locked down to a long term deal during his two appearances on WWE programming — and James’ former employer desperately wanted him back.

Sources close to the situation tell us after months of negotiations, WWE was only willing to offer him a deal that would bring Storm less than $100K a year. TNA, on the other hand, was offering 2 1/2 times more than that. Plus, he’d get a portion of merchandise sales for the 2-year contract.

Even better, we’re told his new deal would be guaranteed money — he’d still get paid in full even if TNA suddenly went out of business — and the door was left open by WWE officials for a future return.

well thats the kind of deal that puts you out of business ask WCW

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:08 pm