Job Application

Xero

Job Application

Post by Xero on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Posting this here because I don't want to let facebook know I'm job hunting:

Responsible for the creation and delivery of Information Technology training and development programs to all levels of end-users. Provides specific training on computer software/basic hardware applications across the organization in classrooms, small group, and one-on-one settings.

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
    1. Designs, develops and delivers all IT training programs and materials to a wide range of customers throughout the organization. Ensures training dependencies and processes across departments are understood by application owner.
    2. Develops training plans, manner of delivery, and instructional methods, including tools, tips, and other ideas promoting user self-reliance. Creates and develops training materials and instructional scripts. Adapts training materials to align with the user’s level of responsibility. Develops short and long-term training schedules ensuring appropriate resources are secured and proper communications are released advertising availability of training.
    3. Conducts training/instruction of computer applications, methods, and processes. Serves in a liaison capacity with the user community on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational systems. Assesses vendor selection and training needs to identify when training needs are to be coordinated through an outside contractor to provide training.
    4. Documents and maintains existing coursework and documents procedures for newly upgraded and / implemented systems based on user needs and training program requirements in order to achieve high quality service.
    5. Assists with analysis, testing, and selection of courseware design software and training techniques to be used. Contributes to the development of departmental standards, process implementation, and compliance.

*LI-MM2
    Qualifications

Associate’s degree in in Adult Education, Business Administration, Computer Science or related fields (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) required.

2-4 years of experience in the use of or presentation of training courses for the particular software packages or programming languages required.
    Extensive experience using Windows 3.1 and Microsoft Office suite required.

Swarles
    Admin

Re: Job Application

Post by Swarles on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Lmao.there is a department at work using UNIX work stations from the late 80s...that kinda stuff really is still out there

Xero

Post by Xero on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Lmao.there is a department at work using UNIX work stations from the late 80s...that kinda stuff really is still out there

I'm sure

The job requirement just kills me because who has "extensive" experience working with a 23 year-old OS? I would imagine that's a pretty small group of people.
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:42 pm

My job uses a DOS based db system in a Windows 7 markup program so yeah.....

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:05 pm

To me it seems far more likely they meant 8.1 and just had a typo, rather than they actually use Windows 3.1, but I could be wrong
    Xero

Post by Xero on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:45 pm

To me it seems far more likely they meant 8.1 and just had a typo, rather than they actually use Windows 3.1, but I could be wrong

Unless they use some ancient application or unless their database runs on DOS as Astil suggested, this is likely the case. Doesn't make it any less humorous though.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:32 am

I want to believe though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:17 am