Confirmed and potential matches for WWE Royal Rumble 2014

SBR

Confirmed and potential matches for WWE Royal Rumble 2014

Post by SBR on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
    Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH:
    Participants: Batista, Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Big E Langston, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, CM Punk, Fandango, Rey Mysterio, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Damien Sandow, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

KICKOFF MATCH:

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:
    Cody Rhodes & Goldust (c) vs. The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn & Road Dogg)

Last edited by SBR on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:44 am; edited 8 times in total
    Xero

Re: Confirmed and potential matches for WWE Royal Rumble 2014

Post by Xero on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:50 am

Such an odd sponsor.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 pm

It's almost tax time.

Post by Xero on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:36 pm

SBR wrote:It's almost tax time.

I suppose it is, but I don't really put paying taxes and watching a wrestling PPV together.

danhere

Post by danhere on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Irwin R. Shister (IRS) is one of the wrestlers in the rumble (do your taxes ) lol
    he must work for dewey cheetem and howe lol
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:33 am

I can't believe that WWE is wasting Brock Lesnar on Big Show at the Rumble. They had enough matches in 2002 and 2003.

They fact that they are using one of Brock's few matches this year to face Show yet again 11 years later (they had a singles match on the 2003 Rumble) is just sad.

I was really hoping that they were actually going to go through with the rumored Brock vs. Big E Langston match.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 am

I mean that match was over a decade ago, so I'm sure a lot of people don't remember it.

That said, holy shit, I can't think of a less interesting match up for Brock on a PPV.

CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:03 am

I know they wont do it at WM but I kind of hope the WWE runs with this Batista vs Del Rio. I am not sure if their little feud is a work or organic (not a shoot), but it makes a lot of sense to me, particularly as a reintroduction for Batista. Plus, they could still make him a D-bag because that is what he has sounded like in these tweets (sigh - I know they aren't going to though).

Post by Stroke on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:05 pm

If Batista wins the Rumble, my guess is they'll have Batista/Del Rio at Elimination Chamber to give him "Something to do" before turning his attention to Orton at WM30. As someone that'll be at EC, all I can say is "Meh".
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:58 am

Swarles wrote:I mean that match was over a decade ago, so I'm sure a lot of people don't remember it.

That said, holy shit, I can't think of a less interesting match up for Brock on a PPV.

It's not even so much that they had a match that long ago, but rather I'm just disappointed that WWE isn't giving Brock more interesting matchups.

I know that WWE has done a terrible job of building new stars since Brock's departure, hence why they rely on pairing Brock up mostly with older stars, but if a newer guy like Big E Langston were to be matched up with Brock, he would be far more legitimized than by continuing to squash the likes of Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow.

Even Brock vs. Mark Henry would have been more interesting, as the build for that was pretty good so far. Big Show as Brock's opponent is just so random and forced, much like Big Show's brief main event run a few months ago.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm guessing they are trying to use up Brock's dates before they go to the Network, since PPV buys won't really be a thing anymore

That being said, why they chose Show, I don't know. I understand not wanting to hang a loss on anyone important heading into mania season, but certainly there is some more interesting matchup out there
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Ohhh that's a good point TBK. This could be the end of the Mania + a few other dates style contracts they've been doing.

SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Well Brock is signed up for dates up until WrestleMania 31 so he still has dates for this year. I'd be shocked if he isn't on Elimination Chamber as well because that will be the last PPV that people will be able to buy.

Also on the Big Show points, this was apparently their plan when they were pushing Big Show against HHH and Orton. They expected Show to be really over right now and even though he isn't they went through with it anyway.

Post by CapitalTTruth on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

There is part of me that kind of wants Brock to end up involved in the main event picture. Brock vs Batista vs Orton for the title at wrestlemania could actually be kind of fun. The show is going to get stolen by something down the card (likely HHH vs Punk if it happens or Bryan vs a broom or whatever they throw at him) so they might as well have a stiff three way.

Post by Slayer on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:44 am

In addition to Paul Heyman's declaration of Brock as the self-proclaimed #1 Contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (how redundant is that), Heyman was also teasing a potential Brock vs. Batista match in a sit-down interview with Michael Cole.

I'm sure Brock will be apart of the title scene at some point this year.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:18 am

In spite of what I said earlier I still hold out hope they give Dragon the title shot and do Brock vs Batista one on one at Mania.... I just stopped having much faith in that.

Post by Joe5150 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:51 am

WWE needs to very careful with Batista & Bryan in the Rumble. If Bryan's concussion doesn't keep him out of the match, WWE needs to book Batista & Bryan super carefully in the match.

Bryan is so over right now, if they both in the match at the same time, they run the danger of accidentally turning Batista heel. If they start trading blows, it will most likely evolving into a "Boo/YES!" chant from the crowd. If Batista eliminates Bryan, the crowd will turn on Batista instantly. If Bryan is not winning the match, they need to have a heal that can afford the heat to eliminate him.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 am

It might be the best thing for us all if Dragon accidentally forces a Batista heel turn. I for one only really want to see super-douche Batista.

Post by Joe5150 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 am

MAJOR RUMORED RETURN FOR THE RUMBLE:

Spoiler:

( photo reportedly taken at the Pittsburgh Airport this weekend, fuelling suspicions that Kevin Nash will enter the Royal Rumble as Vinnie Vegas.)

Kevin Nash has neither confirmed nor denied rumors that he will compete in this Sunday’s Royal Rumble under the monicker “Vinnie Vegas.”

Nash was, however, spotted at a baggage carousel in the Pittsburgh Airport — not far from the Console Energy Center, where the WWE pay-per-view will be held this Sunday night — and he was reportedly wearing a glittery pink-and-black tuxedo.

Nash shocked the wrestling world a year ago when he entered the 2011 Royal Rumble as Diesel, a persona he embodied in WWE during the early 1990s.

Sources close to Nash tell Kayfabe News that the oversized superstar intends to enter the Royal Rumble every year from now on under a different persona — as the orange-mohawked “Steel” in 2015, the wizardly Oz in 2016, black-and-white NWO Kevin Nash in 2017, red-and-black Wolfpack Kevin Nash in 2018, unremarkable TNA Kevin Nash in 2019, and so on.

He expects to be hospitalized on an annual basis for a torn quad.

http://t.co/FzIg11REMh
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Anyone ordering tonight?

I chose between this and buying WWE2k14 and broke down and got the game. I figured the only reason I would want to buy this would be if they were going to surprise us and if Batista just wins like we all expect i would be mad at myself for spending the money.

I'll follow live.

Post by SBR on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:58 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:Anyone ordering tonight?

I chose between this and buying WWE2k14 and broke down and got the game.  I figured the only reason I would want to buy this would be if they were going to surprise us and if Batista just wins like we all expect i would be mad at myself for spending the money.  

I'll follow live.

Cough*Chat*Cough*Stream*Cough*Someonewillhookyouup*Cough
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:39 pm

I may do that.

I have my comprehensive exams for school this week so I SHOULD be working on my outlines and what not. We will see.

cough-thanks-cough

Post by Joe5150 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Dragon tweeted that the machine didn't want him anywhere near the rumble.

Post by 2kNikk on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:53 am

So apparantly Batista flipped offf some fans post show and threatened them. Great image WWE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm