KBW Trampoline Wrestling

WWF Attitude

Re: KBW Trampoline Wrestling

Post by WWF Attitude on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Backyard wrestling varies. There's the kids just having fun not taking it too seriously backyard wrestling. Then there is the "no I backyard wrestle, its super serious and I'm the next Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels but with more charisma, want me to show you how to blade?" backyard wrestler.

The 2nd thinks it's his/her legit way to the top, and they are delusional if they think based solely on their backyard wrestling that they are "good or great wrestlers".

I've done backyard wrestling, and with the group of people that we did it with it got to a point where we were putting on shows at a Funstation USA basketball court (which is where the current local indy now runs shows). Some people thought it was just a goof and others tried to make it more than it was. I'd rather "wrestle" the kid who thinks its silly fun as opposed to the guy that thinks these videos will be his way to the top and will try a Death Valley Driver off a ladder when he never trained a day in his life on someone that doesn't even know how to fall right from a hiptoss.

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 pm

I think there was a time before we know about the dangers, the internet blew up, and wrestling schools became a much more common thing when backyard wrestling was at least a not an unacceptable way to start out. It is true, quite a few people of a certain generation started in their back yards. It most cases though, these were kids who started goofing a bit in their back yard and then started training pretty early on. Of course there are exceptions, but they are gigantic exceptions in that those people are lucky they didn't get hurt or hurt anyone else and were talented enough to unlearn all they "taught" themselves and each other to learn the sport. Those are certainly bygone days. I get the desire to goof around a bit. When I was in Jr. High and High School my friends and I had goofy matches on the trampoline, but we never took it seriously and never tried anything crazy. If people want to get serious about wrestling they have to get into a school quickly. The wrestling world just knows too much about the dangers and there are too many better options if this is your passion.

Post by SBR on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm

I used to wrestle with my stuffed animals.

Post by GolfClubNinja on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Yeah, I have "wrestled on a trampoline when I was young. But I am considering actually wrestling or at least getting in the buisness(with college backup of course), so hearing what you have to say, I won't do that sort of stuff. I also never want to blade, ever.

Also ladders, fucking ladders are high, it doesent mean I won't do a spot from a ladder, but, man am I afraid of heights.

Post by GolfClubNinja on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Also, skiff trained people?!?!

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:13 pm

GolfClubNinja wrote:Also, skiff trained people?!?!

I was trained and worked for awhile. After I was trained I helped show some people some basic stuff. I don't think anyone would ever consider me their trainer (nor should they).
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 am

SBR wrote:I used to wrestle with my stuffed animals.

Who didn't do that? I had wrestling buddies. That is what they were made for. Sting and Cap vs Warrior and Hogan. That drew huge in my living room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 pm