Major debut probably not teased for next Monday *Spoilers*

RefChrist

Re: Major debut probably not teased for next Monday *Spoilers*

Post by RefChrist on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

He was the only Anti-E name left. And all hope is over. That commercial is just as bad, him being in the game is bad enough, They are already and have been making money off of him on DVD. Apparently nobody can avoid the E, Its disgusting.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm

I hate to even engage this topic again.... but to be clear, they CAN avoid the E, or at least Sting can. Sting doesn't NEED the E as far as I can tell. It just seems he isn't particularly motivated to avoid the E.

Post by p0etryinm0tion on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:20 pm

One of the reasons I respected and still enjoyed Sting was he didn't go to the E. Now that's pretty much over guess Million Dollar Man was right everyone has a price.
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 pm

I think what it boils down to is like any man, Sting doesn't want to continue to wonder "what if?"

I'm sure everybody has been in that position at some point in their life, meaning that there has been some opportunity (be it a job, potential relationship, choice of soup or salad, etc.) that continues to make you wonder what things would be like had you made a different choice on the matter.

Sting has an opportunity for closure on the WWE question of his career. It doesn't hurt that he can make a lot of money as well in the process.

As far as loyalty goes, the only people he has to be loyal to is his family and himself. WCW has been dead for over 13 years and TNA obviously wasn't loyal enough to Sting to make an offer that would keep him in their company.
    p0etryinm0tion

Post by p0etryinm0tion on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Slayer wrote:I think what it boils down to is like any man, Sting doesn't want to continue to wonder "what if?"

I'm sure everybody has been in that position at some point in their life, meaning that there has been some opportunity (be it a job, potential relationship, choice of soup or salad, etc.) that continues to make you wonder what things would be like had you made a different choice on the matter.

Sting has an opportunity for closure on the WWE question of his career. It doesn't hurt that he can make a lot of money as well in the process.

As far as loyalty goes, the only people he has to be loyal to is his family and himself. WCW has been dead for over 13 years and TNA obviously wasn't loyal enough to Sting to make an offer that would keep him in their company.
    Could TNA Afford to make an offer? I don't know their financial situation. But I think the entire luster of Sting's legacy was never being bought out by Vince just like Taker's streak until ended it. Just like the wrestlers feeling like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy. I feel Sting will lose a huge part of his by selling out to Vince, but guess Million Dollar Man was right everyone has a price and even Sting's soul does.
    Xero

Post by Xero on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:17 pm

TNA did more to tarnish Sting's legacy than WWE ever could.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Xero wrote:TNA did more to tarnish Sting's legacy than WWE ever could.

Xero wins the thread.

Slayer

Post by Slayer on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm

p0etryinm0tion wrote:Could TNA Afford to make an offer?  I don't know their financial situation.  But I think the entire luster of Sting's legacy was never being bought out by Vince just like Taker's streak until ended it.   Just like the wrestlers feeling like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy.  I feel Sting will lose a huge part of his by selling out to Vince, but guess Million Dollar Man was right everyone has a price and even Sting's soul does.
    On the flipside though, a lot of wrestling fans aren't familiar with Sting's legacy because he hasn't been apart of WWE.

Even if you don't care for their current day product, WWE does a tremendous job in showcasing its history. With WWE owning most of the important footage of Sting's career, they can do an incredible job in educating their younger fans on the legacy of Sting better than TNA or any company that isn't WWE could.
    Spudz

Post by Spudz on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:58 pm

p0etryinm0tion wrote:
    Slayer wrote:I think what it boils down to is like any man, Sting doesn't want to continue to wonder "what if?"

Could TNA Afford to make an offer?  I don't know their financial situation.  But I think the entire luster of Sting's legacy was never being bought out by Vince just like Taker's streak until ended it.   Just like the wrestlers feeling like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy.  I feel Sting will lose a huge part of his by selling out to Vince, but guess Million Dollar Man was right everyone has a price and even Sting's soul does.

Rolling Eyes 
    WTF? The wrestlers feel like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy.... proof of this?  or just talking out of your ass.. I really doubt any of those guys in the lockeroom think that.. Of course if Taker decided to wrestle again at a WM, can't bill the match as being for the streak so they lost that..so what people will still pay to see him wrestle. He's 21-1.. that 22 manias... no one going get close to having that kind of a mania record anytime soon..

Sting will not lose a huge part of his Legacy when he steps foot in a WWE ring too if you are a true fan of his.. But hey, I understand for a minority being Anti-WWE, Anti-Vince is the only things that mattter to them so of course they will think of Sting different.  If any thing Sting miss out having a bigger legacy by being stubborn but I' m happy that he got to spend the last 14 years with his family.

I, myself will be marking out when I see him in front of a large crowd again, soaking up those cheers..
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm

They hyperbole used to talk about Sting is absolutely stunning. LeBron James moving back and forth between Cleveland and Miami has NOTHING on Sting appearing under a banner with WWE on it.

I side with the folks that say Sting doesn't owe anyone anything. I don't buy that his legacy is tied to not being in the E. Then again, I don't see the E as this soul-purchasing entity that abides only by Million Dollar man quotes. I just hope sting to the E is executed in a way that makes (most) fans happy, and maybe more importantly makes Sting happy.

Post by p0etryinm0tion on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Spudz wrote:
    p0etryinm0tion wrote:

Could TNA Afford to make an offer?  I don't know their financial situation.  But I think the entire luster of Sting's legacy was never being bought out by Vince just like Taker's streak until ended it.   Just like the wrestlers feeling like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy.  I feel Sting will lose a huge part of his by selling out to Vince, but guess Million Dollar Man was right everyone has a price and even Sting's soul does.

Rolling Eyes 
    WTF? The wrestlers feel like Taker lost a huge part of his legacy.... proof of this?  or just talking out of your ass.. I really doubt any of those guys in the lockeroom think that.. Of course if Taker decided to wrestle again at a WM, can't bill the match as being for the streak so they lost that..so what people will still pay to see him wrestle. He's 21-1.. that 22 manias... no one going get close to having that kind of a mania record anytime soon..

Sting will not lose a huge part of his Legacy when he steps foot in a WWE ring too if you are a true fan of his.. But hey, I understand for a minority being Anti-WWE, Anti-Vince is the only things that mattter to them so of course they will think of Sting different.  If any thing Sting miss out having a bigger legacy by being stubborn but I' m happy that he got to spend the last 14 years with his family.

I, myself will be marking out when I see him in front of a large crowd again, soaking up those cheers..

Every podcast I have listened to they have said Taker shouldn't have lost at Wrestlemania.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm

whoa whoa whoa... there is a big difference between "I wish he wouldn't have lost" and "You know, his legacy really took a hit there". The first is a matter of how one person thinks one match should have been booked. The second is a matter of respect for a Taker's entire body of work.

You are flat out misreading that. No one, to my knowledge thinks any less of Taker and his career.

Post by p0etryinm0tion on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:whoa whoa whoa... there is a big difference between "I wish he wouldn't have lost" and "You know, his legacy really took a hit there". The first is a matter of how one person thinks one match should have been booked. The second is a matter of respect for a Taker's entire body of work.

You are flat out misreading that. No one, to my knowledge thinks any less of Taker and his career.
    Taker is a legend but there is nothing special about him anymore. That's my honest feel on the whole the Streak whether 1,000 to 0 or 5 to 0 made him feel super natural but now he's just like any other wrestler the supernatural aura about him is gone.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 pm

There is NOTHING special about The Undertaker anymore?

You know its a work, right?

Post by JustSkiff on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 am

Don't worry guys I was able to retire without ever having to sell my soul to the WWE.
    Xero

Post by Xero on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 am

JustSkiff wrote:Don't worry guys I was able to retire without ever having to sell my soul to the WWE.

Vipes

Post by Vipes on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 am

I love the absolute selfishness from those of you who think it's the death of his soul and the absolute ruination of his legacy if he does any kind of business with the E. Just admit that you're not really Sting fans. You're bitter, angry Anti-WWE fans, and you cling to this misguided ideal that Sting is your last white night to defy the malevolent machinations of one Vincent Kennedy McMahon and his evil cohorts.

Sting is a man who owes you not one God damned thing. He is the one who decides what his next career move should be, not you. If he can decide to set aside whatever reservations he once had about working with the WWE, then good for him. If you were actual fans of his, you would be happy for him and be happy that he could one day get to stand in a ring and get an ovation he deserves from more than a couple dozen redneck tourists in a soundstage in Orlando.

I hope he hugs Vince and John Cena in the middle of the ring. And I will think of you and laugh.

phoynexz

Post by phoynexz on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 am

Vipes wrote:I love the absolute selfishness from those of you who think it's the death of his soul and the absolute ruination of his legacy if he does any kind of business with the E. Just admit that you're not really Sting fans. You're bitter, angry Anti-WWE fans, and you cling to this misguided ideal that Sting is your last white night to defy the malevolent machinations of one Vincent Kennedy McMahon and his evil cohorts.

Sting is a man who owes you not one God damned thing. He is the one who decides what his next career move should be, not you. If he can decide to set aside whatever reservations he once had about working with the WWE, then good for him. If you were actual fans of his, you would be happy for him and be happy that he could one day get to stand in a ring and get an ovation he deserves from more than a couple dozen redneck tourists in a soundstage in Orlando.

I hope he hugs Vince and John Cena in the middle of the ring. And I will think of you and laugh.

*Furiously faps*

phoynexz

Post by phoynexz on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:08 am

p0etryinm0tion wrote:
    CapitalTTruth wrote:whoa whoa whoa... there is a big difference between "I wish he wouldn't have lost" and "You know, his legacy really took a hit there". The first is a matter of how one person thinks one match should have been booked. The second is a matter of respect for a Taker's entire body of work.

Taker is a legend but there is nothing special about him anymore.   That's my honest feel on the whole the Streak whether 1,000 to 0 or 5 to 0 made him feel super natural  but now he's just like any other wrestler the supernatural aura about him is gone.  
    Whose fault is that? Vince McMahon's or 'takers? All reports indicate that 'taker has wanted the streak to end since Wrestlemania 21.

Using your logic, Bo Dallas has a supernatural aura about him. He is undefeated. Summoning lightning, coming back from "the dead", summoning fire, time travel, instant teleportation are not supernatural in the slightest. The only thing supernatural is going undefeated.
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:08 am

spudz wrote:Sting will not lose a huge part of his Legacy when he steps foot in a WWE ring too if you are a true fan of his.. But hey, I understand for a minority being Anti-WWE, Anti-Vince is the only things that mattter to them so of course they will think of Sting different. If any thing Sting miss out having a bigger legacy by being stubborn but I' m happy that he got to spend the last 14 years with his family.

well WWE will get the old still anti-WWE fans of WCW if sting wrestles, they probably all watched TNA, and mabye they still are.

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 pm

I doubt it. I think the number of people who will go from not watching any WWE to watching just because sting is on is pretty negligible. I am more apt to think that people who are sort of casual fans of wrestling and tune in and out based on big story-lines might tune in. That is the target audience for sting. More than anything it is the merch. The E will do a DVD, make money of the video game, countless shirts, figures, and maybe another DVD. Some of this will align with his induction into the Hall of Fame.

Post by Slayer on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 pm

I love it how Sting would be "selling his soul" if he signed with WWE, when the company he spent most of his career in (WCW) was owned by a billion-dollar media conglomerate.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 pm

It's funny, because I don't want Sting in the WWE either. But that's because think that Sting has sucked for the better part of 10 years. Not because he's "selling his soul." That's ridiculous when you think about he's worked for Ted Turner, Eric Bischoff and Dixie Carter.

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:38 pm

I want sting on board for one more match. I want him to work his tail off, get in shape, get the WWE machine behind him and go out like the star he should. His TNA run should not be the last we see of Sting in a ring.

Post by Grant on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:02 pm

The reason I'm okay with Sting and not dreading him at all is because there's no way in hell that WWE is going to let him go out there in the shape he was in during his last TNA run. He's either going to be motivated or he's probably not to get that big match.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm