Major Superstar Out with a neck injury.

PhenominalXX1

Major Superstar Out with a neck injury.

Post by PhenominalXX1 on Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Not sure if it's a work but it's being reported Daniel Bryan is undergoing neck surgery and has been stripped of the WWE World Title.

Re: Major Superstar Out with a neck injury.

Post by Spudz on Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

What!!! When did this happen!!
    SBR

Post by SBR on Mon May 19, 2014 7:45 pm

This was announced last week on Raw and he had surgery on Thursday. It's not a work.

Post by Spudz on Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm

My 1st post was sarcasm but until he hands the titles over .. He hasn't officially been stripped..
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 pm

I've been so outa the loop. Sad

Post by Spudz on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 pm

latest from pwinsider

While the initial plan for Daniel Bryan all along was for him to retain the WWE World Heavyweight championship as he was slated to return within eight weeks, WWE received word over the weekend that Bryan may not be cleared in time for the Money in the Bank PPV.

As noted after Bryan underwent a cervical foraminotomy on 5/15, the usual recovery from procedure for heavy physical activity is 2-3 months. The Money in the Bank PPV would fall around 6 weeks. At the time we wrote that some within WWE didn't expect Bryan back until Summerslam, although the hope was that Bryan would be back ASAP.

If Bryan is not cleared to return by the PPV, what Stephanie McMahon said on Raw was pretty much a shoot in that the company would crown a new champion at the PPV in Boston, MA
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Part of me would be fine with it. It would get us away from this kane debacle. They could put the belt on someone at MITB and then turn right around and have Dragon win it at Summer Slam.

Post by SBR on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:59 am

I really wouldn't see Bryan winning it back anytime soon if he can't compete at MITB.

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:58 am

SBR wrote:I really wouldn't see Bryan winning it back anytime soon if he can't compete at MITB.

Ok, maybe not RIGHT back, but no time soon? Why? The E would absolutely DESTROY his momentum if they didn't get him back in the mix and no one, including myself, wants to see another drawn out scratch and claw narrative from him. They can play it off that he never should have lost the title, that the hiccup is because of Steph, but turn the MITB into a chance to put him in another direction.

Post by SBR on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:43 am

If plans were true that they were going to put the title on Brock at SS I don't see why those plans would change.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:32 pm

I mean have you watched the product? They only put the belt on him in the first place because they HAD to, they just had White Knight Cena ride in on Monday night to stand up to the authority so they can spin Bryan's feud off for him, Bryan was ready to hand over the Titles, until his wife saved his title run by quitting, his first WWE Title feud was with Kane

I know I sound pretty negative about this but they didn't plan for Bryan to get over, they didn't want Bryan to get over and they certainly aren't trying to help him stay over IMO
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm

SBR wrote:If plans were true that they were going to put the title on Brock at SS I don't see why those plans would change.

Thats a different thing all together. Though, I do think they should probably switch gears to keep Dragon relevant given the hold up, but if that rumor is true, I see the logic.

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 pm

I'd be ok with MITB being for the title, granted that would delay Cesaro's push. However, it would save us from having to deal with the briefcase this year.

Other theory. Someone wins MITB, and attacks the not cleared to wrestle Bryan. Maybe Cesaro is the one to do it. Brock comes back mad that Heyman's been riding his coattails since Mania. Brock turns face, and maybe puts over Cesaro at SummerSlam.

But yeah that 2nd theory won't happen, but it'd be pretty sweet.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:33 pm

I thought a great idea would for Cesaro to win MITB, hold it for a while, Brock wins the Title at SummerSlam and leads to a Cesaro face turn/feud with Brock.

Post by Stroke on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 am

JustSkiff wrote:I'd be ok with MITB being for the title, granted that would delay Cesaro's push. However, it would save us from having to deal with the briefcase this year.

Other theory. Someone wins MITB, and attacks the not cleared to wrestle Bryan. Maybe Cesaro is the one to do it. Brock comes back mad that Heyman's been riding his coattails since Mania. Brock turns face, and maybe puts over Cesaro at SummerSlam.

But yeah that 2nd theory won't happen, but it'd be pretty sweet.

Brock turning face after doing what was the ultimate heel thing (breaking Taker's streak) at Wrestlemania doesn't make much sense IMO. I could get behind SBR's idea, though.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Saw that earlier today. I am very conflicted on this. On one hand I love the feud and think it could be a ton of fun. Dragon works great with big guys and Brock is way better than a lot of people give him credit for. On the other, the timing doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The most logical thing is to put the belt on brock in this scenario, which I am not against, per say, but I just don't get what they are doing with dragon and the belt. So he will - at best - have two defenses against KANE and then drop to Brock? UGH! They certainly shouldn't put Dragon over Brock clean at this stage... they gotta build that heat for Brock. They could do a no contest, but do they really want to?

Obviously I am bias, but I think they should let Dragon run with the belt until AT LEAST Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. If I were booking I would do an updated/blown up version of what they did in ROH with him and the belt. Basically, let his in ring work do the talking and let him slow shift from the biggest babyface to a tweener/heelish face who's character is basically "YOU CAN'T BEAT ME". No matter who gets in the ring with him, he wins. NO matter the odds, he wins. he finds ways to do it, sometimes a little cheap, but mostly because he is just good. Let him use those little things he does so well to maintain the crowd reaction. I would book Cena vs Dragon at Summerslam. Then I would book Dragon vs Bray, Cesaro (MITB winner), Jericho Barrett, Shemus, Rollins (slow building to the title). In the meantime I would put Brock over Jericho, Cena, and maybe Shemus. I would be moving toward Brock vs Dragon at WM.

Ohh well... my fantasy booking is a pipe dream. Dragon is going to be in a tag match or at best against someone like Rollins or Cesaro at WM31 while Brock defends the belt against Reigns.

Post by Spudz on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Sad from pwinsider

A new WWE World Heavyweight champion will be crowned at the 6/29 Money in the Bank PPV in Boston, MA.

WWE sources indicate the decision was made late last week after Bryan was sent to Pittsburgh for additional tests when his physical therapy was not leading to him responding as quickly as originally expected.

PWInsider.com originally reported that there were some in WWE who didn't realistically expect Bryan back in action before Summerslam, but there was cautious optimism that he would be back by MITB, at least, and he was advertised for all of the July house shows in main events.

WWE will have quite a storyline gap to fill as Bryan has already stated, on television, that he would not hand the title over, since it would negate everything he accomplished from Summerslam 2013 through Wrestlemania and more importantly, everything the fans accomplished with their support. WWE now finds themselves in a position where they have to take the title from Bryan without damaging his character. As I wrote earlier, I expect this to be addressed in some capacity on Raw.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm

I mean he doesn't have to hand it over, they can just strip him. In fact didn't HHH already say something like "we tried to get you to hand it over, now we're going to make you".

CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 pm

This is so unfortunate. They will really need to get him back in the spotlight once he can come back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm