ROH Thread

Grant

Re: ROH Thread

Post by Grant on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Vipes wrote:
    Grant wrote:In relation with Shelley, he's been booked in AIW semi-frequently lately, and Chris Sabin will be making his AIW debut against Johnny Gargano on night two of the JLIT. I'm guessing a MCMG vs. Panda Express match is on it's way in AIW.

That sounds like a match for Absolution to me.

Exactly what I was thinking. And what a match it'll be.

Post by SBR on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Card for show in Toronto:

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
    Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
    Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**On 5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
    Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

Also Signed To Appear
    Mark & Jay Briscoe
    Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
    reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
    The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Tadarius Thomas
    ACH
    Cedric Alexander

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Man, I'm sure it will be good, but those matches don't exactly make me want to drop everything and buy this show
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm

ROH & NJPW Present: WAR OF THE WORLDS
    Saturday, May 17th, 2014 – 7:30PM
    The Hammerstein Ballroom – New York City

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

It will certainly be a historic contest as ROH’s top wrestler defends his World Championship against the legendary Jushin Liger. Will Liger change the international landscape of professional wrestling by becoming the ROH World Champion? Or will Adam Cole/Kevin Steen walk out of New York with the gold and add this huge win to their list of accomplishments?

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
    **5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

Elgin earned his IWGP Heavyweight Championship opportunity by defeated Kevin Steen at Supercard of Honor 8. With Elgin obsessed on winning World Championships, will his New Japan dream finally come true? Or can Okada defend his gold on American soil?

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

The Young Bucks shocked fans by capturing the ROH World Tag Championships from reDRagon a few months ago. reDRagon has already earned their championship rematch and looks for redemption against the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team and ROH World Tag Team Champion Young Bucks. reDRagon has been ruthless in the ring since losing the gold. Will they get back the championships that they held for the better part of last year? Or will The Young Bucks prove that what happened a few months back was not an upset or fluke?

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

The Briscoes are 8 time ROH World Tag Team Champions. Can they add the IWGP World Tag Team Titles to their list of accomplishments? Or will the big man tag team of Anderson and Gallows retain?

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
    Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear

Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
    The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
    Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
    The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
    ACH (ROH)
    Matt Taven (ROH)
    Cedric Alexander (ROH)
    Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
    Silas Young (ROH)
    Caprice Coleman (ROH)

Ring of Honor Wrestling & New Japan Pro-Wrestling Presents:
    WAR OF THE WORLDS
    Saturday, May 17th, 2014
    The Hammerstein Ballroom
    New York City
    Bell Time – 7:30pm EST

They brought Tanahashi over to wrestle MIKE FUCKING BENNETT!!!!!!!
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Yeah he also worked AAW (who I enjoy a little more than AIW), and is doing BCW the day before the ROH show.
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm

The New York show looks a lot better than Toronto.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 pm

I mean this reads like a one off due to the new japan involvement.

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Swarles wrote:I mean this reads like a one off due to the new japan involvement.

I hope not. Also Panda Express v Murder City Machineguns needs to happen. Murder city cuz it sounds better

Admin

Post by Swarles on Sun May 11, 2014 6:18 pm

I just finished global wars and it was actually really, really good. Would recommend.

WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude on Tue May 13, 2014 2:37 am

Global Wars drew 1,500. NJPW/BCW East Meets West drew 500 and NYC will be a super no vacancy.

looks like NJPW did way better with this USA tour. Hope this will lead to more work between ROH and NJPW.

Post by SBR on Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm

This has got to be the best two weeks for ROH in a very long time.

Post by WWF Attitude on Sun May 18, 2014 4:01 am

Live this was just a fantastic show.

Not only was I able to meet AJ, Steen, Liger and Tanahashi (how often does one get that chance?) but the matches themselves were amazing.

ReDragon vs. The Young Bucks was IMO the show stealer, but every match was able to keep the crowd hot.

This was the 1st ROH show I've been to in 4 years almost to the day (last one was SuperCard of Honor V) and they did not disappoint

Post by Swarles on Sun May 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Maybe the crowd wasn't mic'd, but they seemed kind of dead for a lot of stuff, which was weird. Like people were losing their minds for the Bucks/Red Dragon match, but Briscoes/Bullet club seemed like it was being held in Japan.

But yea it was a good show. I think i would still suggest Global Wars over it, but either way you can't really go wrong.

The PhenomenalBullyOne

ROH Thread

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Mon May 19, 2014 10:58 am

The Ring of Honor and New Japan "War of the Worlds" online pay-per-view ended with a teaser video that featured Christopher Daniels and a "censored" second man. Daniels teased that both men will appear at the Best in the World pay-per-view on June 22.

Powell's POV: The second man is clearly meant to be Frankie Kazarian, whose contract with TNA is on the verge of expiring. Kazarian even teased "there's a pretty cool announcement regarding #BadInfluence tonight," via Twitter.

got this from prowresting.net

http://prowrestling.net/article.php?ROH-News-Christopher-Daniels-return-set-censored-second-man-teased-37150
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Mon May 19, 2014 12:35 pm

This isn't a spoiler, it was on the iPPV.

I like their return more than Lethal's. Hopefully they can help get some ppv buys.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Mon May 19, 2014 2:21 pm

ROH was very much off my radar for a bit, but it has picked up lately. The return of some old familiar faces, the work with NJPW, and the pick-up of intrigue in the stories.... all good stuff.

I hope they can get a few Japanese wrestlers to do some regular appearances for a few months, a la Morashima, KENTA, etc.

Post by Spudz on Mon May 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Here's the promo...

SBR

Post by SBR on Mon May 19, 2014 7:06 pm

This is cool, I like Bad Influence a lot better than I like either guy as a single.

Also they're running a minor league baseball stadium in Brooklyn in August. The Cyclones usually run a couple wrestling shows during the summer and they're usually TNA house shows. But I read that the Cyclones picked ROH over TNA this year. I actually might go to that. You usually get a free Cyclones ticket.

Post by Vipes on Tue May 20, 2014 1:01 am

SBR wrote:This is cool, I like Bad Influence a lot better than I like either guy as a single.

Also they're running a minor league baseball stadium in Brooklyn in August. The Cyclones usually run a couple wrestling shows during the summer and they're usually TNA house shows. But I read that the Cyclones picked ROH over TNA this year. I actually might go to that. You usually get a free Cyclones ticket.

I hope the Cyclones are taking on my Jamestown Jammers that night.

Good for Daniels and Kaz, and good for ROH. Happy to see them away from the festering corpse of TNA where they might be able to do some good.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Going to my first ROH show since Manhattan Mayhem 3 about five years ago. Hopefully they put together a good card. Sitting in Section 1, Row J.

Post by JustSkiff on Fri May 23, 2014 4:27 pm

If they do bring in the NJPW guys you would probably be getting Okada vs. Cole.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri May 23, 2014 4:37 pm

If they bring the NJPW guys back I'm considering going, never been to new york before and I could use birthday monies to go for a day or two
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri May 23, 2014 6:55 pm

JustSkiff wrote:If they do bring in the NJPW guys you would probably be getting Okada vs. Cole.

Which is why I bought the tickets early, I know if they announce NJPW guys the good seats would go fast. I'm right behind home plate so I'm pretty stoked no matter what.

Post by JustSkiff on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 pm

- Tom Lawlor is becoming a two-sport star. According to TMZ the UFC fighter is close to finalizing a regular deal with Ring of Honor.

The site notes that, as we previously reported, Lawlor appeared at an ROH show last month managing reDRagon and has been working on a permanent deal ever since. Lawlor has the blessing of the UFC to work with ROH. The deal is nearly done and he is expected to appear at Best in the World this month.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:10 pm

I mean I like Tom Lawlor and I think this is cool, but I can't see this meaning much. If anything I'm surprised UFC OK'd it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 pm