NJPW Thread

TeeBeeKay

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am

This might be the best show of the tourny, maybe the best show of the year

Ishii/Honma, Nagata/Nakamura, Styles/Naito, Anderson/Okada and Shibata/Tanahashi all over delivered IMO

Naito got his cut from yesterday busted open and had to battle back, him and AJ will probably have a title match sooner or later, and it will be great just like this, I don't know when AJ got this good, but he's wrestling at a different level than I've ever seen him before, he's a man on a mission to show the world and TNA how freaking great he is

Anderson beat Okada clean after a long counter sequence which was great, 2 quick things I don't like about Okada, 1 his top rope elbow looks pretty shitty, I think it's because his limbs are so long, and 2 he uses the tombstone to set up the rainmaker, he doesn't even go for a pin off the tombstone

Shibata beat Tanhashi clean after a really physical battle, this was great

after 4 days the only wrestler without a loss in the tournament is Shelton Benjamin!!!!
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:41 am

*busts out the wallet*

SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:25 pm

From Dave
    --Bad news on the G-1 front. Togi Makabe suffered a fractured jaw during his match with Lance Archer on Saturday while Hiroshi Tanahashi was in the hospital earlier today with neck problems.

Post by Swarles on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Sucks for makabe but the G1 can go on with out him.

Tanahashi though. Hopefully for everyone's sake he is alright.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 am

Finished Night 5

Another great show, Naito/Okada was MOTN for me, Nakamura/Honma was very good, and I need to watch AJ/Goto again because Ustream fucked up mid match and kind of threw me out of the flow when I had to reboot, but it had a great finishing sequence, also Shibata/Shelton was surprisingly good, Tanahashi/Fale was good as well

sucks to hear about Makabe/Tanahashi, the good news for Tanahashi is he only has two matches this week, Thursday and Sunday, however the bad news is those two matches are Ishii and Nakamura... Really hope he's okay because the quality would drop a bit without him obviously, but he's at the point in his career where he really needs to take care of himself
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Night 6 is in the books

Nothing really special on this show, like I don't know if this show was just really mediocre or if I've just watched too much NJPW over the past two weeks to the point where I'm kind of numb to the matches, but I suspect I'll find the answer out this weekend because they have the Tokyo and Osaka shows which both look good on paper

Tanahashi/Ishii was MOTN but it wasn't anything you need to go out of your way to see just a very good match

AJ/Tenzan was surprisingly good, probably Tenzan's best showing thus far which really speaks to how good AJ having really good matches with Tenzan and Yano so far

Kojima/Shibata and Goto/Anderson were both good matches, that's all that really stood out from night 6

Makabe and Tanahashi both worked so I would assume they're going to try and gut through whatever they have wrong with them
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:32 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/NJPWEnglish

New NJPW Daily Motion channel w/ English commentary. Tanahashi/Shibata and Okada/Styles are the first 2 matches up.

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 pm

I would never want to watch any puro with english commentary.

SBR

Post by SBR on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Swarles wrote:I would never want to watch any puro with english commentary.

Same, unless it was by Swarley.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Yeah I agree the Japanese commentary adds to the match IMO and most english announcers suck
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Can WWE wrestlers under contract wrestle in the G1 climax, considering Hogan, Andre and Vader all wrestled in it?

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:17 pm

No
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing...

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:50 am

Holy Shit, Tenzan found a time machine!!! Goto and Tenzan was seriously great, and the crowd was so freaking into everything they did, just an incredible match especially for where Tenzan is physically

I don't even know how to explain this tournament anymore. Night 7 was incredible, probably a hair behind Night 4 and neck and neck with Night 1, but the fact is NJPW just put on a show of the year candidate WITHOUT Tanahashi and Okada!!!

Everything was pretty solid on this show, and everything from Goto/Tenzan on was really good to great to MOTYC.

Fale looked like he killed Honma withe the bad luck fall, Makabe and Naito was really good

AJ and Minoru Suzuki had the MOTN hands down and frankly the Match of the tournament so far and a definite MOTYC, this is one to check out, I'm not even a Suzuki fan, but this match was incredible

Shibata and Nagata beat the shit of each other and then Ishii and Nakamura did the same

Like I said probably a little behind Night 4 in terms of quality but still great and they still have a very strong lineup for Osaka too, this tournament is fucking insane
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 am

is this going on DVD?

Post by JustSkiff on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 pm

I have a dvd of some of the best puro matches from 05 with commentary from I believe Dr Keith Lipinski and Trik Davis. Talk about a commentary team.
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:22 pm

JustSkiff wrote:

I have a dvd of some of the best puro matches from 05 with commentary from I believe Dr Keith Lipinski and Trik Davis. Talk about a commentary team.

DR?

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 am

Night 8
    Tanahashi/Nakamura was MOTN, with good matches from Okada/Yujiro, Shibata/Honma, Goto/Naito, Styles/Archer(I know, AJ's great) and Ishii/DBS

Also re-watched AJ v Suzuki from night 7, and I can't stress enough what a freaking masterpiece this, it's fantastic, AJ really got over with the crowd from this match and I'm going to spoiler this next bit in case you want to watch it without knowing this but I think it's pretty cool

Spoiler:
    On my second viewing I'm pretty they only went for ONE PINFALL ATTEMPT all match long, incredible!!!
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:58 pm

I've been wanting NJPW w/ English commentating since I was a kid. I understand the feuds/storylines, but w/ an English speaking announcer I can fully understand the means behind the feuds and gimmicks.

So, we got to beg to differ on this one.

Side note: Jim Ross wants to work New Japan wPunk as their English commentary team.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:39 am

goodness gracious

The Seibu Dome card has

Nakamura v Okada
    Styles v Tanahashi
    reDRagon v Time Splitters

Holy Shit!!!! That's going to be awesome!!!!!

This tournament was so much fun, well worth more than the $110 price tag, days 9 and 10 were a little tough to get through for me because of just how much there was to watch but night 11 picked up again with another fun show

Feel awful for Honma hopefully they have a big win planned for him at Seibu, he was too fucking great in this tournament to walk away with 0 wins

One curious question is where are they headed for Tokyo Dome? It seemed like they were holding Nakamura/Okada off until then, so maybe they could do a re-match or are they going to do Tanahashi/Okada again? It should be very interesting few months in NJPW, just hope they have the iPPV stuff figured out because after this tournament I can't go back to a life without NJPW, I can't and I won't
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm going to EVOLVE in tampa tonight, i should be home around 2 AM. I kinda want to stay up and watch the G1 finals when I get home, but i'll probably be pretty tired. But hey maybe Evolve will jazz me up so much i'll need more wrestling to watch.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:29 pm

It's a Sunday show meaning 2am between saturday and sunday, I'm really hoping I can watch live, but I have to work like a 10 hour day starting Sunday at 8 am, so I'm not sure if I should or not, hopefully I can fall asleep around 8pm Saturday, wake up at 2 and power through my day lol
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Full Card
    1. Nakamura v Okada
    2. AJ v Tanahashi
    3. Goto v Shibata
    4. Ishii v Machine Gun
    5. Naito v Honma(GO HONMA!!!!)
    6. reDRagon v Time Splitters
    7. Cap NJPW and Liger v Cole and Bennett w/Maria
    8. Yoshi-Hase, Yano, Sakuraba v Benjamin, Suzuki, and Iizuka(YUCK)
    9. Nakanishi, Nagata, Makabe v Gallows, Yujiro and Fale
    10. Taguchi, Tiger Mask, Kojima, Tenzan v Desparado, Taka, DBS, and Archer

1-7 look really great the multi man's...meh, wish they were spread around a bit more not one after the other

Side Note: Do you think Shannon Moore will steal AJ Style's TNA Wrestler of the Year Plaque again and cost him his match with Tanahashi?

2nd Edit: I guess Styles still won after the interference?
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 pm

oh damn i thought it was tonight. ah well. sunday is a lot harder to stay up all night, less recovery time for monday.

SBR

Post by SBR on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 pm

It's Saturday going into Sunday I believe. Meaning when you wake up after watching the show it will still be Sunday. If it's not I'm screwed and can't watch live.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm