NJPW Thread

TeeBeeKay

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Apparently Liger got stretchered out after taking a package piledriver from Chase Owens Sad
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 am

Ricochet v Ospreay was RI-GODDAMN-DICULOUS!!!!!!!!

It was the flippy spectacle to end all flippy spectacles and it was fucking perfect

For the type of match they had I'm not sure anyone could have done any better than what they did, it was so perfect on every freaking move, they're doing stuff and so many times you see guys run spots like this and someone slips or falls down and it's still good but it loses the luster, but these two fuckers hit everything perfectly and this is just an insane spectacle

They got the Japanese crowd to chant "this is awesome" "holy shit" and "one more match", now I'm not a huge fan of some of those chants but the fact that a Japanese crowd was chanting that in English should tell you something

FIND THIS MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(really hope I'm not overselling but jesus I lost my mind watching it)
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 am

Ricochet v Ospreay is now up for free on njpwworld.com, you don't need to sign up, you can just go and watch it
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 am

WILL FUCKING OSPREAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tremendous final match with Taguchi, it annoys me even more that Taguchi's become this hack comedy wrestler when I see a match like this where he is motivated because him and Will killed it

Every time I watch Will he gets better and better, he's the best wrestler for his age I can remember seeing since Danielson, I hope he takes care of himself because he has presence, charisma and all the talent in the world and the only thing that can stop him from achieving something truly legendary would be injury
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Great match and so happy for Ospreay. That kid is gonna be big.

Admin

Post by Swarles on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:00 pm

So who caught dominion? Last 2 matches were very good - especially the omega/elgin ladder match. Surprised Okada got the belt back already. Also surprised the briscoes won the tag belts, but thank god they did because the gorillas are terrible. Bullet Club is really on its last legs, Omega and the bucks are a great trios, and Fale is an OG member and provides some muscle, but everyone else in the group is really not adding anything at all.

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:13 am

Thought it was a really great show, I loved Okada/Naito and LOVED LOVED LOVED Nagata/Shibata, Nagata still has something in the tank and I love it, what a great match

Ladder match was really good too, and they worked super hard, I just thought it went a little too long, it lost my interest at points in the middle

Thought Kushida and Ospreay was good but a step down from their first match and the tag between Ishii/Tacos and Bushi/Sanada was tons of fun

Okada getting the belt back? I'm a little torn, I would have liked to see Naito get a longer run, but now this kind of opens up G1 a little, if Naito still had the belt it would be a guarantee that Okada was winning, and while I suspect Naito will win G1 it's not a sure thing so there is a little mystery there
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 am

G1 Blocks and key matches announced

A Block is super loaded with Okada, Tanahashi, Ishii, Goto, Sanada and MARUFUJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    B Block is headlined by Naito, Shibata, Omega, Evil and NAKAJIMA!!!!!

Biggest surprise is no Tenzan and we are spared Tanga Loa and Yujiro in the tournament

Ryogoku matches for the final 2 nights are A Block, Goto v Marufuji and Okada v Tanahashi, and B Block of Shibata v Evil and Naito v Omega

Feels like Tana/Naito in the finals to with an outside chance of Shibata/Tana

Full Blocks
    A
    Makabe
    Kojima
    Ishii
    Goto
    Fale
    Tama Tonga
    Sanada
    Marufuji
    Okada
    Tanahashi

B Block
    Shibata
    Nagata
    Honma
    Elgin
    Yano
    Naito
    Evil
    Omega
    Yoshi-Hashi
    Nakajima
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 am

For what it's worth I predicted Marufuji would win on TIR this past week.

But I am really happy that Nakajima and him are in this year. Nakajima/Shibata should be all kinds of awesome.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Night 1 of G1 was fantastic, all the tags are obviously skippable, as was Makabe/Tama, but Goto/Fale was fun, and the Ishii/Tenzan, Tana/Sanada, Maru/Okada matches were all GREAT

Felt really good for Tenzan to have a good performance in front of a hot crowd and the tournament overall seems fresher this year
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 am

YOSHI FUCKING HASHI BRINGING THE HEAT ON NIGHT 1!!!!!!! I love it!!!

Fun show again, not quite as good as Night 1, but Yoshi-Hashi/Omega was as good as anything on night 1, and Naito/Nagata was great too, Shibata and Honma was good, but they've had better matches IMO, and Evil/Big Mike was good too, Yano/Nakajima also happened
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:03 am

Best night of the G1 yet, last 4 matches were all killer! Naito/Shibata was MOTN but all 4 are worth watching IMO, great stuff
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:49 am

Ishii v Okada....all the goddamn stars
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:08 pm

So glad I woke up to watch Tana/Okada live, not sure how it will be viewed after the fact, but the drama in the match was off the charts and the last 9 minutes or so was some of the best pro wrestling I've ever seen, and the timing down the stretch was absolutely perfect, two incredible professionals, what a match

slightly behind okada/ishii for me and for sure behind the dome match, but still just incredible
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:26 pm

I have watched little to no g1. first 2 nights, that 1 show with kenny/big mike and that was it. Do I need catch up on anything or should I just do the final.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:45 pm

I would reccomend the Osaka show for sure, white hot crowd and Goto/Tenzan, Tana/Maru and Okada/Ishii were all 4* or better IMO with Okada/Ishii being a MOTYC

Omega and Evil had a good one

I would reccomend watching Yoshi Hashi's entire tourny because he's really breaking out IMO, but at least watch the Naito match

Marufuji/Ishii was great too

Those are the ones that really stand to me at the moment

And this mornings show had the great Okada/Tana match and a really great Goto/Maru match
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:39 am

Omega vs Naito was SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've had so much killer stuff these past few shows it's really been incredible!!!

Also huge feather in those two guys caps they essentially sold the same amount of tix as Okada/Nak did for the same show last year and overall this G1 did about +3000 overall compared to last year with no Styles, Nak, or Ibushi
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Omega/Naito might be match of the year

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Naito fighting out of One Winged Angel forcing Kenny to counter with Croyt's Wrath is one of my favorite wrestling moments ever, made me jump out of my chair at home
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:41 pm

I knew Kenny won going in and I was still marking out for the near falls.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:44 am

KENNY FUCKING OMEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another incredible match, I'm really caught up in the moment, so right now I feel that was the best match of the tournament(by far the best Goto match I've ever seen) maybe I'll feel different in a few days, but for now that was just sooooooooo great. When Kenny wants to be, he is on an entirely different level, his selling, his facials, his offense, his timing, everything is so perfect, he has raised the bar these past two days, and really this whole tournament.

I miss Nak in NJPW for sure, but honestly this is the freshest the promotion has felt in forever, there is so much going on right now, and everything feels totally unpredictable, and I love it. Do I think Kenny's main eventing the dome show? No, but after these past few days who knows.

Goddamn, I love pro wrestling!
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:52 am

Big news is that they are apparently mixing the Heavy and Jr tag divisions thank goodness!

3 Biggish shows in September, but a ton of really fresh looking stuff I'm super excited for

Destruction in Tokyo
    Kushida v Bushi
    Shibata defends against Fish

Destruction in Hiroshima
    Yoshi-Hashi v Omega(YOSHI HASHI MAIN EVENTING!!!!)
    Cole v Ospereay
    Briscoes defend the IWGP Heavyweight Titles against the Young Bucks

Destruction in Kobe
    Elgin v Naito
    Bucks/Cole v Kojima/Sydal/Ricochet
    Fish/O'Reilly v Shibata/Nagata

Also Marufuji v Okada confirmed for KOPW
    and there's a NOAH/NJPW 10 man on the Lions Gate show
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:26 pm

haha, it took me and nikk like 3 years of njpw to finally give up on the separate tag divisions. My dream of Young Bucks, IWGP world tag champs is finally happening!

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:11 am

Need to go back and watch it but apparently people think Ibushi worked as Tiger Mask on this show, which is so perfectly Ibushi

Edit: Yup Ibushi was definitely Tiger Mask here
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:59 am

Elgin's hurt so Jay Lethal is main eventing a New Japan PPV...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:24 am