NJPW Thread

JustSkiff

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by JustSkiff on Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Spudz wrote:
    JustSkiff wrote:I thought I read that Devitt was in this.
    Devitt left New Japan last month and probably heading to the states(likely Orlando) before the end of Summer

No but somebody told me he was announced as being in the tournament.It appears that they are stupid and not to be trusted.
    kingofswing

Post by kingofswing on Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 pm

correct
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun May 25, 2014 4:32 am

Really fun show so far, Ibushi and Ishii was GREAT, well worth going out of your way to check out

Also really impressed by the Naito/Fale match, Naito is really, really good
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun May 25, 2014 6:14 am

Overall pretty fun show, the gracies really suck and that kind of hampered the second half, but overall another good helping of NJPW

I liked this AJ/Okada match more than the first and the crowd was way more into it this time around

Tanahashi/Makabe v Goto/Shibata was strange for me, I didn't like it as much as most seemed to, but it was very good

Ibushi/Ishii was far and away MOTN and it's up there for me as a MOTYC so far

future matches teased tonight

Ishii/Yujiro
    Nakurmura/Fale
    Tanahashi/Makabe v Doc and Anderson

which all sound fun

and I'm sure Yano and Iizuka will feud which doesn't sound as fun
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:34 am

I don't know if Dominion is still up for VOD or not but The Bucks/Time Splitters match is my MOTY so far and Ibushi v Richochet was really good too, both are worth checking out
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 am

Thank God, the G1 will be on ustream!!!!!!!!

looks like if you buy early the whole tourny is $110, the single shots are either 15 or 25 depending on the day, not sure if the tourny pack includes the finals, I'm guessing I'm springing for the whole tournament if the finals are included because I was going to buy the 4 $25 and the finals as is, so I might as well get the random days as well

NJPW G1 Climax iPPV price listing:
    UStream - http://www.ustream.tv/njpw for $15 or $25 each and $160 for all shows
    7/21 Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center - $25
    7/23 Aomori Prefectural Budokan $15
    7/25 Yamagata Sports Center $15
    7/26 Akita Prefectural Gymnasium $25
    7/28 Sendai Sun Plaza Hall $25
    7/31 Act City Hamamatsu $15
    8/1 Tokyo Korakuen Hall - $25
    8/3 Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium - $25
    8/4 Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium - $15
    8/6 Takamatsu City Gymnasium - $15
    8/8 Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium - $25
    8/10 Seibu Dome - $25

There is a deal that if you order the entire G-1 package by 7/20, you can get it for $110.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 am

No Ibushi for the G1 Sad

No replacement announced, but I would be okay with Honma getting the nod
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:23 pm

I really wish I had time to watch New Japan more. It is always so much fun. Nakamura is one of my favorite wrestlers int he world.

Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Right now i plan on getting the first and last day of the G1. anyone know if there are any other interesting shows yet?

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Night 4 has Styles/Naito, Okada/Machine Gun, Nagata/Nakamura, and Tanahashi/ Shibata

And the Osaka and Tokyo shows look good depending on Ibushi's replacement
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:00 pm

There is a leaked G1 poster floating around with Honma replacing Ibushi, so the matches will be different but very very good

Night 4 is the best looking night now with Ishii/Honma along with the matches above, they tore it up a few months ago
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Damn that sucks about Ibushi.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:19 am

Keeping thoughts in spoilers just in case people are watching VOD later

Spoiler:

Really fun night 1 so far, lots of upsets which makes sense early in a tournament

Fale/Ishii is a really good match, there is no more fitting nickname anywhere in wrestling than Stone Cold Pitbull for Ishii
    Benjamin actually showed up for a match and had a decent match with Gallows
    Tenzan looked better than I've seen him in a while and really shocked me beating Karl Sad
    Nagata looked really good, Kojima was fine, fine match
    Yano/Suzuki was like a minute, good call there

2nd half was incredible all 5 matches were either really good or great!!
    I love AJ and Okada's matches, they add onto what they do every time and it's great, Okada finally gets his win back
    Shibata and Nakamura was great as well
    Honma is over it's really hard to believe he wasn't initially booked for this, he gave Tanahashi a very good match, but Tanahashi picked up the win
    Goto and Makabe was brutal and stiff
    Naito and Yujiro had a few awkward moments but over all very good

GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:37 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:Keeping thoughts in spoilers just in case people are watching VOD later

Spoiler:

Really fun night 1 so far, lots of upsets which makes sense early in a tournament

Fale/Ishii is a really good match, there is no more fitting nickname anywhere in wrestling than Stone Cold Pitbull for Ishii
    Tenzan looked better than I've seen him in a while and really shocked me beating Karl Sad

I love AJ and Okada's matches, they add onto what they do every time and it's great, Okada finally gets his win back
    Honma is over it's really hard to believe he wasn't initially booked for this, he gave Tanahashi a very good match, but Tanahashi picked up the win

besides styles, are all the wrestlers names their real one's? like okada or tanahashi?

i don't really watch japanese wrestling any way, is there a way to watch some of NJPW's matches, like on TV or old matches on youtube?

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm sure there are matches up on youtube, if you search for okada, tanahashi or nakamura I'm sure you'll find something
    SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 pm

You'll find everything and I mean EVERYTHING on Dailymotion.

Post by Swarles on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Night 1 was awesome, the only match i didn't want to see went a minute. And some matches i didn't expect much from (Ishii/Fale) were awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament, almost wish i got the entire pass.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:08 am

Fale's actually been impressing me lately, granted he's working Ishii, Nakamura, and Naito, but still the ends of his matches have been really fun to watch
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 am

GolfClubNinja wrote:
    TeeBeeKay wrote:Keeping thoughts in spoilers just in case people are watching VOD later

Spoiler:

besides styles, are all the wrestlers names their real one's? like okada or tanahashi?

i don't really watch japanese wrestling any way, is there a way to watch some of NJPW's matches, like on TV or old matches on youtube?

Where's WhoBetta to explain how to use google?
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:17 pm

JustSkiff wrote:
    GolfClubNinja wrote:

Spoiler:

Where's WhoBetta to explain how to use google?

I would, but i... what was i gonna say? Short-Term Memory loss, i think. No it was WCW Won the Monday Night War.. Yeah that was it!

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 am

Night 2 is starting, one of the announcers is wearing a Barney Gumble tie, fucking awesome!!!!

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Finally finished day 2

Ishii/Kojima was MOTN, just fantastic stuff in the opener

most everything else was fine, Honma/Nagata was good, AJ/Yano was surprisingly good, Okada/Tenzan really picked up steam at the end

weird to see them jobbing the BC so much early in the tournament , but we'll see where it goes, overall night 2 was solid, made much better by a hot crowd, but other than the opener there is nothing really special

one other note Davey Boy Smith Jr is just so awkward in the ring to me, not really in like his moves but his body language between moves, it's all over the place and kind of bizarre at times, really he's doing too much stuff body language wise it kind of took me out of the nakamura/DBS match
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:29 pm

finished day 3, least impressive day so far, though it's understandable, they have back to back shows and the second night is a bigger show

Okada/Makabe was MOTN imo, nothing else really stood out

I know booking this tournament takes time and you have to see where everyone ends up but it is so weird to see some of these results, Machine Gun loses again this time to Lance Archer, Anderson is now 0-3, Shibata lost to Davey Boy, and Shelton is 3-0, just overall weird stuff early on

Poor Naito got busted open hard way when Yano threw a chair at his face, at least I'm guessing it was hard way because you'd be insane to blade in this match

No AJ or Nakamura really hurt this show
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:33 am

Sheton is now 4-0, he has officially won more matches in the G1 than during his entire WWE tenure

fun first half, Kojima/Fale was good and Ishii/Honma was freaking awesome, those two have fantastic chemistry

Yano beat Goto in a shorter match than Yano/Suzuki from night 1, then Yano sold a DVD to a fan as he was leaving, big night for Yano

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:02 am