NJPW Thread

TeeBeeKay

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:59 pm

I have purchased a ticket for KOPW!!!!!!

For those who care, it's a long process, I recommend using chrome because it does a decent job translating to english

you'll need to make both a niconico account and a play-asia account, you buy japanese WebMoney from play-asia(2000 points is 27.99, which is about $9 more than if you buy through niconico if you have a japanese credit card or get your card verified) then you can use your digital code to buy niconico points, 2000= 2000 niconico points, and then you can purchase stuff on niconico, right now KOPW is 1800 points, so I still have 200 point left
    SBR

Post by SBR on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:15 pm

You so crazy Japan.

Post by Swarles on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:03 pm

lol that doesn't sound complicated at all! I guess I'll just wait for it to hit dailymotion and what not. Let me know how it is TBK.

SBR

Post by SBR on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:44 am

Jeff Jarrett brought GFW to Hiroshi Tanahashi!

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:59 am

ugh show is TOMORROW night, damn you confusing time zones
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

SBR wrote:

NJPW can't even get youtube vidoes right. 30+ MINS?!
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:18 pm

JustSkiff wrote:
    SBR wrote:

NJPW can't even get youtube vidoes right. 30+ MINS?!

Meltzer gave the presser ****3/4
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 am

First things first, niconico worked great definitely wouldn't hesitate to use it again, great quality with no glitches or interruptions, now onto the show

WARNING SPOILERS!!

certainly a shocking outcome of this show

I honestly did not see Tana beating AJ, but it was a great match and the crowd went nuts for the finish, Yoshi Tatsu made his NJPW return saving Tana from a JJ guitar shot

Okada and Naito had a really good match after what looked like Okada getting knocked out like 2 minutes into the match

Yujiro and Ishii had a great freaking match too

the 3 way junior tag title match was great as well

I was in and out a little bit during the Shibata/Goto v Nakamura/Hashi tag match, but the bottom line is we're getting Naka v Shibata for the IC belt soon

Overall really quite a great show
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Kinda bummed aj isn't headlining the dome, but at least there won't be Jarrett vs tanahashi

Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm

According to Pwinsider.com, here is the latest on the relationship between Global Force Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling. As previously announced, GFW will distribute NJPW’s January 4th Wrestle Kingdom event on US PPV. That show will air live, and then again in the traditional 8PM ET PPV timeslot.

At this time, negotiations between GFW and NJPW/TV-Asahi are in the final stages. Word is that a deal could be made that would see the GFW distribute all of the NJPW PPV events in the United States. NJPW had been airing worldwide on iPPV via Ustream, which ended at the end of September.

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Just successfully bought KOPW on Niconico, wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be(was able to easily get my card verified, didn't have to buy points from play asia). Pretty excited to watch this show.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 am

how did you do it?
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:23 am

Found this online and followed it:

http://point.nicovideo.jp/index/purchase/ - buy points here, in this case you need 2000 since the show is 1800 for an advance ticket or 2000 later. on the credit card section the fields are credit card number, then expiry date, then a captcha field. then click the green buttons to confirm purchase.

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/2583 - buy the ppv here, scroll down to the bottom and click the big red button to buy the show using your points and hit ok to confirm it.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv195024984 - watch show here live or on demand on whatever device, the purchase page shows a bunch of supported devices that ustream didn't support.

After I filled out the payment on Nico Nico I got forwarded to a thing from my bank (Wells Fargo) that was basically a confirmation that I was really trying to buy this wacky thing from Japan. I put in in my birthday, email address they have on file and the last 4 of my social, and then Wells Fargo verified the payment.

SBR

Post by SBR on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

reDRagon won the Super Junior Tag Tournament!

Post by JustSkiff on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 pm

reDRagon is awesome
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Power Struggle is looking like a very strong card, Naka v Shibata, Ishii v Goto, and I believe reDRagon v Time Splitters will be on it as well
    SBR

Post by SBR on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Global Force Wrestling announced the January 4th New Japan Pro Wrestling Wrestle Kingdom show at the Tokyo Dome -- "GFW Presents New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 9" -- will air live at 2 AM Eastern and 11 PM Pacific late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

Given that time slot, the viewership will be very small. The show is scheduled for a four-hour window, but a replay will air Sunday one hour earlier than the usual PPV start time at 7 PM EST and 4 PM PST Pacific time.

All major carriers in the U.S. and Canada will be broadcasting the show, available in both Japanese and English.

They will announce the english commentators "later". Hopefully they're good or I'll go with the Japanese audio.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Holy fuck, in no way shape or form did I think they would do a live broadcast and I have the option for Japanese commentary?

So far I tip my cap to GFW
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:19 pm

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:36 pm

So no ROH guys on the Dome show.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:48 am

http://njpwworld.com/

Not sure what this is, but might be something to keep an eye on, people are speculating on a possible WWE network thing, it's being called a content service
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:20 am

Power Struggle was pretty good but not like super great or anything

speaking of super great the WK9 card looks to be something like

Tana/Okada - IWGP
    Nakamura/Ibushi - IC
    AJ/Naito
    Ishii/Makabe- Never
    Omega/Taguchi -Jr
    Jeff Jarrett v Yoshi Tatsu(maybe this won't happen, Tatsu did totally tuck his chin on the Styles clash ala Roddy but appeared to be okay, but I'd be perfectly fine if this wasn't on the show)
    Bucks v Splitters v reDRagon v Hooliganz- Jr Tag
    Suzuki v Sakuraba(some sort of gimmick, someone mentioned UWF rules? but some MMA style gimmick for sure)
    and Gun and Gallows v winners of the tag tourny(it's got to be Shibata and Goto right?)

that's 9 matches right there and still need to account for the rest of the BC and a possible ROH title match

it's really worriesome that the PPV feed is only 4 hours, Power Struggle went 4:10 and you would expect the Dome show to take longer with entrances and whatnot, really worried there might be some "dark" matches on the US PPV
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:27 am

Oh fuck i thought power struggle was tonight, totally could have watched last night. Ah well.

Was there an intermission on power struggle? Or was it 4:10 straight through?

Edit: Big Dave Meltzer says Suzuki challenged Sakuraba to a UWF Rules match at the dome (no pins, sub/KO only)

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:56 am

there was a 20 minute intermission

one little note most people are raving about ishii/goto, sadly on these NJPW shows there's normally one match I doze off during(always match 8 or 9) and this was that match, I need to go back and watch it at some point because what I saw was brutal
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Yea i mean most reviews were a lot more positive than yours lol. I'm about to start watching it now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 am