NJPW Thread

TeeBeeKay

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

You are correct SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Ok that's what I thought, I'm going to be in the chat then tomorrow night if ya'll are gonna be watching live.

Post by Swarles on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Lol I get that guys, I'm saying if I stay up til 5am Sunday, my Sunday is basicallhy fucked and then its Monday. But if you're both gonna watch I'm down

Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm ready for the Seibu Dome guys.

GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:41 pm

How much is the PPV

Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:25 pm

$25, iPPV on ustream

JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Are we doing Evolve 32 beforehand?
    SBR

Post by SBR on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm about to go to the store and get some energy drinks and I might stop by a bar to see a friend. WE'RE GONNA GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER GUYS.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:48 am

Alright only got 2 and half hours of sleep instead of six but fuck it, let's do this!!!!!!

Tomorrow's gonna suck but this show is going to be worth it
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:20 am

So this was a good show, though really some of the normal shows were better since they didn't have a bunch of filler tag matches on them. Plus Jeff Jarrett didn't show up and join the bullet club on those other shows.

And for the record, we all made it to the end of the show, and even added BorntoFail to our group(granted the show is on at a reasonable hour where he is). I hate that I'm already awake right now.

SBR

Post by SBR on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Pretty much what Swarley said. Goto/Shibata, Styles/Tanahashi & Okada/Shinsuke were all really good matches to end the show with. The big tag matches were a little annoying but it's whatever. reDRagon/Time Splitters was great too forgot about that because it was before intermission. Oh and if you want to see shameless zooms of Maria's ass this was the show for you. God bless you Japan.

You really should of been there when we all realized Jarrett was joining the Bullet Club. It was classic.

Post by Joe5150 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Just watched Tanahashi/AJ w/ Jarrett & The Coach swerve heel turn, joining the Bullet Club.

It was done really well. I knew it was coming from reading results, but the way it happened, I marked out a bit. Double J's Bullet Club Guitar is the best looking one he's had in his career.

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 pm

It was definitely fun times in the chat

show started slow and got really good, Okada/Nakamura was flipping fantastic, AJ/Tana was really, really good and I'm almost positive they have a better match in them

also I haven't really slept since the show, I got maybe a half hour when I got home from work but I am running on fumes right now, but it was worth it, love watching NJPW live
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:41 pm

According to reports, New Japan Pro Wrestling is interested in bringing its annual Tokyo Dome show to the American PPV market for the first time. The event is scheduled for January 4th, and the belief is that if the show could be brought to the U.S., they would hire well known English-speaking announcers to commentate the event.

Source: WrestleZone

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

This was in the observer, so it's a legit rumor. A few things:

1. As discussed earlier, I don't need/want english announcers. Especially a "big name", because in my head I imagine like JR or Jim Cornette yelling over the matches. Mike Tenay doing NJPW might be what the guy needs to renew his career, but TNA might somehow still be alive  on 1/4.

2. Traditional PPV means increased price, and almost certainly means tape delay. Staying up until 5 AM to watch the show live is totally impractical for most people, but for me it's part of the fun. Even if I stay spoiler free, it's just not the same on tape, especially if it aired liked days later or something.

3. Are they going to do well on PPV? Like ROH did better then people expected but that as there 1st show, who knows if they can replicate that. Also, they at least have SOME tv to hype it up, compared to NJPW'S none.

4. Fuck you ustream. You ruined everything.

Xero

Post by Xero on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Jim Ross calling NJPW would be amazing
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 am

This is the day Trik Davis and Dr. Keith have been waiting for since 05.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 am

Swarles wrote:This was in the observer, so it's a legit rumor. A few things:

1. As discussed earlier, I don't need/want english announcers. Especially a "big name", because in my head I imagine like JR or Jim Cornette yelling over the matches. Mike Tenay doing NJPW might be what the guy needs to renew his career, but TNA might somehow still be alive  on 1/4.

2. Traditional PPV means increased price, and almost certainly means tape delay. Staying up until 5 AM to watch the show live is totally impractical for most people, but for me it's part of the fun. Even if I stay spoiler free, it's just not the same on tape, especially if it aired liked days later or something.

3. Are they going to do well on PPV? Like ROH did better then people expected but that as there 1st show, who knows if they can replicate that. Also, they at least have SOME tv to hype it up, compared to NJPW'S none.

4. Fuck you ustream. You ruined everything.

Agree with everything Swarles said
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:32 pm

SBR

Post by SBR on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:32 am

--New Japan held a press conference earlier today and announced that Kenny Omega would be signing with the promotion as a full-timer starting on 11/1, after his contract with DDT expires. This is a big pickup since Omega is one of the most talented wrestlers around. Kota Ibushi would also be signing a second dual contract with both New Japan (for the major events) and DDT it was announced today.

Post by Slayer on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:15 am

Always wondered what happened to Omega. Really dug his work the few times I saw him in ROH and American indies a few years ago.
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 am

Losing Omega could really hurt DDT.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:31 am

Kinda wish it was a dual contract like Ibushi's, but NJPW is pretty much the only Japanese promotion i keep up with right now, so this is good news for me.

TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:35 am

Goddammit, I fucking love Omega and it appears NJPW doesn't have the American iPPV stuff worked out yet, this is both amazing and heartbreaking at the same time
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm going to try and give niconico a shot for KOPW, I'll let you'll know how it goes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 pm