Look don't judge me...

Swarles
    Admin

Re: Look don't judge me...

Post by Swarles on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Are you going to tell/show us everyone's stats though? Sticking with Soldier Ant, lets say he starts getting super over because he has a bunch of good matches or something. Am I going to even know since I don't have access to the game?

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes you would know, I will do pop updates each month. That'd be super easy.

Tweaks to the TEW portion of the game:

Either weekly or monthly I would suggest a poll for a variety of topics, with each winner getting an in game bonus. For example a worker involved in angle of the week may get a momentum and popularity boost, and the company with the best show may get a pop bonus as well.

This would mitigate the losses you may have for putting on a show that was not TEW-speaking the best.

Also, I would tailor the companies to reflect the style of there owner. For example the NWL would look like this:

With this in mind it'd be much easier for the NWL to get a great match out of Elgin v. Steen than say me running a WWE clone.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Couple of questions/thoughts mainly due to the mechanics of the game since it I haven't played the series since TEW 05 and can't get it on my mac

TEW was more complicated than just booking shows, like you had a drop down menu for matches where you could select up to 10 options for them to follow in a given match, you had to book venues, deal with gimmicks, and contracts and egos, etc, there was a lot to it that would be difficult to do if you didn't have the actual game in front of you

Not to mention the real life financial aspect of running a promotion

Now I don't know what the current TEW is like, but has it been made simpler at all to the point where this is feasible?

Let's say we get 6 promotions total, it seems like it would be harder to miss a week because if one person missed a week everyone would have to miss it because there would be no way to progress for that person

What happens with contracts? What if someone's contract comes up and they won't re-sign for whatever reason, I understand the appeal of using some real life things that would throw curveballs like injuries or whatever(though to be honest a 1-3 month injury would be fine, but if guys started getting year long injuries that would suck) but I wouldn't want to straight up lose a guy who wouldn't re-sign

Looking over the current roles, can announcers or personalities wrestle? Take William Regal for instance who is listed as "color" but there's a good chance someone in the league will want to use him as a wrestler

I do think it's an interesting idea, and my thought it we should try it out while still doing written/audio shows the other way for a few weeks and see how things go, and if TEW is working we can continue it, if it's not we can axe it, and if both ways are working and we can find a balance in doing both that's cool too
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:43 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:Couple of questions/thoughts mainly due to the mechanics of the game since it I haven't played the series since TEW 05 and can't get it on my mac

TEW was more complicated than just booking shows, like you had a drop down menu for matches where you could select up to 10 options for them to follow in a given match, you had to book venues, deal with gimmicks,

Venues are automatic now. Gimmicks are super generic, and can be created in game so that's a non-factor that I can handle behind the scenes.

For the 'booking notes' ... there is a 'sweet spot' of notes that I know that I would implement for everyone. Thus, you would only need to tell me if something truly different is happening (a run in for example)

TeeBeeKay wrote:and contracts and egos, etc, there was a lot to it that would be difficult to do if you didn't have the actual game in front of you

Not to mention the real life financial aspect of running a promotion

Finances will be a non-factor.

TeeBeeKay wrote:Now I don't know what the current TEW is like, but has it been made simpler at all to the point where this is feasible?

Let's say we get 6 promotions total, it seems like it would be harder to miss a week because if one person missed a week everyone would have to miss it because there would be no way to progress for that person

Nope, just don't have the company run a show that week. Everything moves forward.

TeeBeeKay wrote:What happens with contracts? What if someone's contract comes up and they won't re-sign for whatever reason, I understand the appeal of using some real life things that would throw curveballs like injuries or whatever(though to be honest a 1-3 month injury would be fine, but if guys started getting year long injuries that would suck) but I wouldn't want to straight up lose a guy who wouldn't re-sign

This can be fixed if all players agree to it. You can manually extend contracts in the editor. So there's no chance of just 'losing' someone without wanting to / it being fair.

TeeBeeKay wrote:Looking over the current roles, can announcers or personalities wrestle? Take William Regal for instance who is listed as "color" but there's a good chance someone in the league will want to use him as a wrestler

He could wrestle.That's just there desired role.

TeeBeeKay wrote:I do think it's an interesting idea, and my thought it we should try it out while still doing written/audio shows the other way for a few weeks and see how things go, and if TEW is working we can continue it, if it's not we can axe it, and if both ways are working and we can find a balance in doing both that's cool too

Thanks for the feedback!
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Cool, it seems like they fixed or upgraded some of the stuff that made playing 05 a hassle

Like I said I'm game to try it, worst case scenario it doesn't work and we go in a different direction

Edit: Mods since it seems like this might happen, could you open up a sub forum for league stuff, thanks!
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:Cool, it seems like they fixed or upgraded some of the stuff that made playing 05 a hassle

Like I said I'm game to try it, worst case scenario it doesn't work and we go in a different direction

I'll put it this way...if I lost TEW 2013 through virus I would rebuy that game before going back to TEW 2005 which is now Freeware. I can never play 05 again. Too spoiled.

Yeah, seems most feel that way, so lets get a head count:

1. 2kNikk
    2. TeeBeeKay
    3. Stroke

The max is 8 for the TEW aspect, but I don't even think we will get that far.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 pm

welp. throw me on the list.

Edit: Added a forum. This has been moved here if you didn't notice.

2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Guess I should give a timeframe. We draft...Monday during RAW.

In the meantime... some more details.

Another idea is to run this as a day for day style thing. So if your weekly event is Tuesday youd get me the event on Tuesday. Then I'd run a thread with the TEW updates and you could post a more detailed write up in your companies thread.

Also, alliances / company relations. Do we want to allow talent trading? Be at war with each other?
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Promotion

Name:
    Initials:
    Description (purely fluff not needed):

I will match the style in TEW and screenshot the results for confirmation.

Available locations: USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, Europe, Japan, Australia
    Along with a city, region in the country

1. 2kNikk
    2. TeeBeeKay
    3. Stroke
    4. Swarley
    Grant

Post by Grant on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

I literally have ZERO clue about TEW or anything of the sort. But screw it, I'll play for as long as I can. I certainly don't have the time I used to put into the shows, but if it's as simple as you guys suggest, I can totally do this.

Last edited by Grant on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Vipes on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Well shit, sign me up. We need at least one comedy promotion in this league.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Could you explain the options for style?
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 pm

I've never seen a style of wrestling I could not replicate in TEW

With the amount of variables basically anything you can think of is create able as a promotion for TEW. From goofy lucha american fun to serious Japanese fake-MMA.

So give me a style and I will make it in game.

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 pm

1. 2kNikk
    2. TeeBeeKay
    3. Stroke
    4. Swarley
    5. Grant
    6. Vipes

Post by Swarles on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 pm

I'd like to fill my survey thing out after the draft. I try to base my promotion off what roster I get.

Just call me TBD for now. (Or STBD for Swarley TBD if anyone else doesn't come up with a name).

Grant

Post by Grant on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Here's what I conjured up, will tweak anything if need be.
    --------
    Name: Metal Fusion Wrestling
    Initials: MFW
    Style: Hardcore Strong Style
    Description: A blend of strong style sportsmanship and hardcore brutality, MFW lives up to it's namesake, fusing the extreme nature of metal with the honorable nature of wrestling. Bloodshed and handshakes reign supreme, baby!

Post by Xero on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 pm

In
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:25 pm

1. 2kNikk
    2. TeeBeeKay
    3. Stroke
    4. Swarley
    5. Grant
    6. Vipes
    7. Xero

That's fine Swarley, it makes sense. I'll likely do the same.

I'll make Grant's product tomorrow.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Name: Pro Wrestling ELITE
    Initials: PWE
    Style: TBD(Can I just make my own cocktail using the categories listed once I have my roster?)
    Description: TBD

Now for the annoying question on my end, is there anyway to see the ratings for the wrestlers in the mod? I guess I don't know if they're even in visible in the game, but I would assume they are

I don't want you to have to do it by hand because that would take way too long for this, but if there's an easy way to do it, I'd appreciate it, because it feels really weird doing it blind

Also we're up to 7 so we only have one spot left, jump on in if you want to!!!!

Nikk mentioned doing the draft Monday, does that work for everyone? I guess if we get an 8th we can start the draft at least, but if Monday works lets plan on that
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:52 pm

I will try to find a way to easily obtain the stats. The game has a fog of war which limits what you can see for stats, but I turned it off to help you guys out.

I picked this mod specifically because I know it to be an accurate mod. That said opinions vary wildly and some cases are just odd (Goldust comes to mind)

EDIT: A thought... If I just dump everyones stats on you guys it is going to be number overload. Maybe it'd be best if we did it by request. For example I'd like to see wrestler x's stat and I give you X's important stats. I say this because for example Kane's Flashiness and Referee skills dont matter, so I could leave them out.

Last edited by 2kNikk on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Stroke

Post by Stroke on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:01 am

I'll be working Monday during Raw (Glorious of working second shift and in the newspaper business). However, I will have my phone on me and I'll check in and draft when I am able to I hopefully don't slow down the process too much.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks, like I said if you can't do it, no worries, just like to get an idea of things

also you asked about Japan, could you do NJPW and DG rosters at least, I would guess most of the Japanese wrestlers will come from those two places

Thanks
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:02 am

Stroke wrote:I'll be working Monday during Raw (Glorious of working second shift and in the newspaper business). However, I will have my phone on me and I'll check in and draft when I am able to I hopefully don't slow down the process too much.

What about Saturday/Sunday?

If we can't all get together the draft doesn't take that long anyway
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 am

A slower draft may benefit me better.

All 1000+ wrestlers will be in, and that includes NJPW and DG

Also, if really desired I can add people.

Also also please see my edit one page back in regards to stats.

Post by Stroke on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:10 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:
    Stroke wrote:I'll be working Monday during Raw (Glorious of working second shift and in the newspaper business). However, I will have my phone on me and I'll check in and draft when I am able to I hopefully don't slow down the process too much.

What about Saturday/Sunday?

If we can't all get together the draft doesn't take that long anyway

Saturday I have a wedding (not mine), so that would be less than ideal. I'd be free all day Sunday, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm