RIP Ultimate Warrior

Spudz

RIP Ultimate Warrior

Post by Spudz on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Triple H ‏@TripleH 4m

Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters
    SBR

Re: RIP Ultimate Warrior

Post by SBR on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:54 pm

WHAT

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:02 am

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975
    WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters.
    Grant

Post by Grant on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24 am

I JUST saw this pop up on Facebook. Absolutely unreal. After so many years of controversy and bullshit, he and the WWE found common ground and the dude got in the Hall of Fame. Just days later he dies? Yeah, he was a bit of a lunatic, but he shaped part of my childhood and certainly part of wrestling. This is truly tragic.

Post by TeeBeeKay on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24 am

I just rewatched his promo from Raw and it is eerie. I didn't really take much stock of it last night but after the promo he looked really bad, and some of the verbage almost alludes to this, very strange.

RIP Warrior, I really can't even process all this right now, but he'll always be one of my childhood icons, and I was really happy he got his rightful place in the HOF.
    Spudz

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 am

Xero

Post by Xero on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 am

legit shocked at this news.

phoynexz

Post by phoynexz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:48 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:I just rewatched his promo from Raw and it is eerie. I didn't really take much stock of it last night but after the promo he looked really bad, and some of the verbage almost alludes to this, very strange.

Pretty much this.

I never really was a fan of his. But it is sad to hear this. Thoughts and condolences to his family.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 am

Holy fucking shit.

Spudz

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 am

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultimate-warrior-dead-dies-wwe/

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Grant

Post by Grant on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 am

Had Photoshop open and felt compelled. Feel free to use if you'd like.

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am

Some Twitter Reaction

Vince McMahon: "We are all so sad that the Ultimate Warrior has passed away. Our heart is with his wife Dana and his two daughters.We are all so sad that the Ultimate Warrior has passed away. Our heart is with his wife Dana and his two daughters."

Stephanie McMahon: "Your strength of character is to be admired. There will never be anyone like you. Your spirit lives on in your family."

Hulk Hogan: "RIP WARRIOR. only love. HH"

Dwayne Johnson: "Loss always has a way of reminding us to live and love as greatly as we can. My prayers and strength to his family. RIP Ultimate Warrior."

Roddy Piper: "Tomorrow is promised to know one!! Enjoy every second, with a tool called love!! My love to The Warrior and family. RIP"

Jim Ross: "Sad to pass along the news that the Ultimate Warrior has died. Condolences to his wife & two, young daughters."

Daniel Bryan: "Heartbroken. My sincerest condolences go out to The Warrior's family. Seeing how much he loved his daughters and his wife this weekend...... makes it all the more heartbreaking. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite as a kid, and getting to speak to him this weekend was one...... of my favorite moments. He was so nice to me. #RIPWarrior"

JBK: "Really saddened to hear about @UltimateWarrior passing away. RIP A tremendous legend."

Seth Rollins:"I just don't know what to say....Warrior was a huge part of why I fell in love with pro wrestling...Life is too damn short."

Natalya: "Thoughts and prayers go out to Warrior and his family. Incredibly sad to hear this news."

Zeb Colter "Stunned to hear of the Ultimate Warrior passing...I managed UW and Sting when they were both starting out. RIP Jim. Peace be with you. @WWE"

Paige: "In complete shock. Thankful I got to shake his hand yesterday. So sad. #RIPUltimateWarrior"

Kevin Nash: "So happy I embraced Warrior with a hug when we saw each other backstage Saturday night.My heart goes out to his family.Always Believe."

Curtis Axel: "Shocked and very saddened to hear about Ultimate Warrior passing. Prayers go out to his family! RIP. Loss for words..."

Cody Rhodes: "I am privileged to have spent some time with Warrior on Sunday and shake his hand. Rest in peace."

The Bella Twins: "In such shock right now... Prayers go out to Warrior, his wife & little girls. What an amazing man he was. He will always be remembered. RIP"

Adam Rose: RIP Ultimate Warrior. You will always be remembered.

Justin Roberts: "He was the 1st superstar I met as a kid/got me hooked on WWE.Proudly wore his jacket my entire childhood.RIP Warrior http://instagram.com/p/mjiWP3scG6/"

Zack Ryder: "I’m in shock. The Ultimate Warrior has passed away. I just met him yesterday. RIP. I’ll always believe!!!"

Dallas Page: "Deeply saddened to find out about the passing of #WWE LEGEND, @UltimateWarrior. You & your legacy will FOREVER be remembered in our hearts!"

Chris Jericho: "Devastated to hear of the passing of @UltimateWarrior. He was a childhood hero of mine & he vs @HulkHogan WM6 is still one of the best ever"

Trish Stratus: "Sad to hear news of Warrior passing. Just seeing him happy last 3 days - it puts life in perspective that it can't be taken for granted. RIP"

Randy Orton: "My thoughts and prayers go out to the Warrior family. It breaks my heart after seeing how proud his girls are of their father. Stay strong"

Summer Rae: "Just after this weekend,after last night? Im shocked & so saddened to hear of the passing of @UltimateWarrior.My prayers are with his family"

Jason Albert: "Glad I was able to shake the man's hand and speak for a moment. My thoughts and prayers to your wife and two daughters.RIP #UltimateWarrior"

Jake Roberts: "Deeply saddened. We just had a great talk & buried a senseless hatchet. Talked working together. RIP Warrior. Taking solace we made peace."

David Otunga: "I'm saddened to hear of Warrior's passing. He gave such an impassioned speech at HOF. He was one of my childhood heroes. #RIPUltimateWarrior"

Vickie Guerrero: "So saddened by the news of the death of Warrior"

Cameron: "An icon and hero has passed! Can't believe I just met and saw this man yesterday!God has gained a true gem and angel #ripultimatewarrior! "

Yoshi Tatsu: "I'm really shocked and saddened to hear the passing of one of the my heros Ultimate Warrior ...Rest in peace Ultimate Warrior..."

Emma: "So shocked and saddened by the news of the ultimate warrior passing! #RIP"

Dave Bautista: "After all these years I finally got 2 tell him that me shaking the ropes was an homage 2 him. Blessed to have had that moment. #onelife"

Jeff Jarrett: "Life is short... Live life to the fullest... #RIPUltimateWarrior"

Magnus: "Absolutely tragic. I'm devastated by the news of Ultimate Warrior's death. Truly one of a kind & an inspiration. #RIPWarrior"

Joey Mercury: "I think it's awesome that in his final days, COUNTLESS people got to express to him what a positive impact he made on them, me included."

Matt Hardy: "The news of Ultimate Warrior passing away immediately after returning to the @WWE is unbelievable-I'm shocked. My condolences to his family."

Rob Van Dam: "#RIPUltimateWarrior pic.twitter.com/9guvY4AerG”"
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:23 am

....oh my god

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 am

Shocked really shocked. I think back in the day when I was Little I had that cool Ultimate Warrior Doll and the Hulk Hogan one. And while back ago I got the Ultimate Warrior Legends action figure when WWE still had Jacks making their toys. This sucks big time r.i.p Warrior. Atleast he was able to make piece with everyone before this happened
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am

Spudz wrote:

Aside from his speech...  just watching him walk and the look on his face is eerily sad. He doesn't look in good shape. Seems to be breathing heavy.

Last edited by Indy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:26 am

Um...holy shit.

XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 am

What a roller-coaster week in wrestling.

I think like a lot of people, I really liked Warrior as a kid, but had very little time for him as I grew older. Still, my sympathies are with his family and friends. I hope Wrestlemania weekend brought him happiness and some peace. It seems he buried a lot of hatchets and got one more moment in the sun, and that is great.

Post by RFSKannon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 am

Don't know what to say, it's such a complete shock. I was a big Warrior fan as a kid, saw him live many times. Like others I became less of a fan over time, but he still had a big impact on my love of wrestling. RIP Warrior Your time may be over, but your legacy lives on.
    Spudz

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58 am

The Ultimate Warrior "clutched his chest" moments before he collapsed at an Arizona hotel Tuesday afternoon ... this according to law enforcement sources who spoke with witnesses.

TMZ has learned ... Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ and headed toward his car with his wife -- when he stopped, clutched his chest and went down.

We're told Warrior never recovered.

Sources connected to the situation tell us officials believe Warrior suffered a "catastrophic medical event" and so far, we're told there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to massive heart attack.

We're told an investigation is underway. The Maricopa County Medical Examiner tells us the autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:57 pm

The image that keeps playing in my head is how happy his two girls were walking out with him on Saturday night.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Still shocked.

RIP Warrior.

Post by Indy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

WWE is supposed to honor Warrior tonight on the WWE Network with Warrior specific programming.

dragondragon

Post by dragondragon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Terrible news, really creepy with the promo and all, but c'mon guys, steroids do this.

Post by Grant on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 pm

I'll be watching the network tonight for sure.

Post by Spudz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 pm

dragondragon wrote:Terrible news, really creepy with the promo and all, but c'mon guys, steroids do this.
    While it probably did play apart..His gentics might have been a huge factor as well, from what I have read his Dad died in his mid's 50's and both of his Grandpa's died in their early 50's.

My thoughts on his death, the fact that he was on Raw 24 hours before it like wow, it probbaly hitting me more then it would have if it was some random time..Warrior was the first guy I can really say I saw climb up from early in his career to be World Champ now that I think about it. I first saw Warrior in World Class in 86, not long after I started to really get into wrestling, then saw his rise in WWF to being this bigger than life super hero that defeated the unbeatable  super hero Hulk Hogan so this weekend and monday was cool to see him be back in the fold. I could say a lot of his real life views were crazy, out there, maybe even wrong..but you know what, nobody is perfect.. My heart goes out to his kids, wife & his mother and am glad that in his final days that it he was able to patch things up with Vince and Hulk and to see that his legacy wouldn't be that DVD that came out a few years ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am