Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Xero

    Posts : 780
    Join date : 2013-12-12
    Age : 28
    Location : http://wrestleconnect.com

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Xero on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:05 am

    contagioustruth wrote:
    Xero wrote:
    contagioustruth wrote:My whole argument is that there's not enough demand for a wrestling product as least not wrestling as we know it today.  The boom period of the 90s and early 00s was the culmination of what began in the 70s and 80s, and the popularity of wrestling has little to nothing to do with the quality of the product.  In 2014, Raw is basically pulling Nitro numbers from 2000 despite being a vastly superior show.

    I refer you to the post above yours.

    The rest of what you say is easy to type on a keyboard, but it just is not practical.  For example, I could say the exact same thing about Sega re-entering the console race, but I'm not going to do that because it's just not realistic to assume that some Ted Turner-like billionaire is going to pop out of thin air to throw money at this unproven product to go up against a corporate giant.  

    It's far more logical to go after a segment of the population that the WWE has never appealed to (niche product) and is a much easier goal to obtain.

    There's a significant difference between modern U.S. demand and the level of U.S. demand that existed in the 90s.  I don't buy Monday night ratings as indicative of that demand, because WWE is pulling in even more money today than they were back then, and that's exactly what any true competitor is looking at-- not how impressive a rating they can draw going head to head with Raw.  

    TNA has already cast its lot as a second major promotion, and considering how well they've been drawing overseas, there's no reason for them not to.  TNA or another company can tap into the entire WWE audience with no direct programming with the right resources, but even being a distant second is better than being a niche product, because the people behind TNA are in it to make money, not to cater to niche audiences in high school gyms and ballrooms.

    WWE is making more money now but it isn't due to eyeballs on the product or fans buying pay-per-view events.  They're no longer just a wrestling company.  They work on films, books, and music just to name a few.  The WWE Network alone is something that I don't think any other wrestling company can compete with.  Part of the reason why I believe it's foolish to compete against the WWE is simply because they are as large as they are now.

    TNA hasn't been able to compete with the WWE because they're too concerned with trying to be a better WWE than the best TNA.  This is evidenced by the money spent on contracts for Hogan and other big money talent like Sting in addition to attempts at bringing Impact to Monday nights and also the move to bringing Impact on the road.  As you say TNA is in this business to make money.  They are not making any money.

    Stay in the Impact zone, build a small but devoted following centering your product around young, talented wrestlers and market yourself as a true alternative to the WWE.  Building a niche product around an audience that WWE doesn't cater to doesn't automatically mean you're producing shows out of ballrooms.  Niche doesn't mean indy.  Niche simply refers to a specific audience.  If our example company is efficient enough at appealing to that specific market then at the very least the company should achieve some level of success with minimal expense.  If they catch on with a larger audience, that's even better, but they don't need to forsake who they are and what made people watch them in the first place.

    Lastly, your final comment isn't entirely accurate.  Being number 2 may be largely irrelevant purely based on the idea that if you're one of only two mainstream wrestling promotions, it doesn't matter how niche you are as you're still number two.  TNA has been the number 2 wrestling promotion in the United States for over 10 years, but we can all agree there's a big difference between TNA in 2002 and TNA in 2014.  Also, even if you are #2 and have eyeballs on the product, you can still be hemorrhaging money (see TNA and WCW).  What good is being #2 if your business model is not profitable?
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 544
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Spudz on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:41 am

    contagioustruth wrote:because the people behind TNA are in it to make money, not to cater to niche audiences in high school gyms and ballrooms.

    I think it been long proven that the people behind TNA are in it to keep their daughter Dixie happy and out of other parts of their businesses and has nothing to do with making boat loads of money. TNA would have went out of business years ago or sold by now if It wasn't to keep Daddy's little girl happy.
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 544
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Spudz on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm

    Another Video... Karen fans will especially like
    http://vimeo.com/87951598
    avatar
    Indy
    Admin

    Posts : 444
    Join date : 2013-12-12
    Age : 29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Indy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 pm

    Oh it's coming alright.
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1960
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by SBR on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 am

    Did Jeff and Karen have a porn shoot?


    _________________
    avatar
    WWF Attitude

    Posts : 589
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 29

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by WWF Attitude on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:31 am

    I...I don't think this is the wrestling promotion I was looking for


    _________________
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 544
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Spudz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:38 pm

    http://vimeo.com/88529224
    eff Jarrett and Karen Jarrett released a new hype video on Monday that revealed their plans to make their big announcement on April 7. "Monday April 7 is going to be our first major announcement," Jeff said. Karen noted that they are looking forward to being able to "scream and yell about everything we have been working on." Jeff said they have been scouring the globe looking for the best available talent.
    avatar
    Joe5150

    Posts : 620
    Join date : 2013-12-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Dennis, Cape Cod, MA

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Joe5150 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm

    As previously reported, Jeff Jarrett is set to announce the details of his new promotion on Monday. There are rumors flying about today that NASCAR and/or Major League Baseball have approached Jarrett about potential crossover opportunities with his promotion.

    As you may recall, Jarrett developed the concept for All Wheels Wrestling while he was with TNA. A pilot was filmed but no one picked it up.

    Credit: PWInsider
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/318430/Jeff-Jarrett//s-Promotion-Getting-Interest-From-MLB?.htm#UgyXDZkhpxIypjhv.99
    avatar
    JustSkiff

    Posts : 1411
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 28
    Location : NOVA

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by JustSkiff on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:12 am

    Was JJ behind Basebrawl too?
    avatar
    Vipes

    Posts : 686
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 32
    Location : Southwestern New York

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Vipes on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 am

    Surely this news means this man can once again find gainful employment.



    _________________
    avatar
    Stroke

    Posts : 295
    Join date : 2013-12-15

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Stroke on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:30 am

    Haven't seen Angelfire man in a while. But he is a good worker.


    _________________
    avatar
    WWF Attitude

    Posts : 589
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 29

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by WWF Attitude on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:40 pm



    _________________
    avatar
    Vipes

    Posts : 686
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 32
    Location : Southwestern New York

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Vipes on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:44 pm

    Damn that Bob Holly, playing tricks on the internet. Clearly trying to hide his secret involvement in Jarrett's new promotion.


    _________________
    avatar
    Joe5150

    Posts : 620
    Join date : 2013-12-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Dennis, Cape Cod, MA

    Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Joe5150 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 am

    Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling sent out the following today…
    JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION: JOIN THE FORCE!

    NASHVILLE — After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing … IT IS HERE!

    Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

    "Because of new media, new technology and more 'in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."

    Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

    "Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."

    Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

    "The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

    Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
    avatar
    Joe5150

    Posts : 620
    Join date : 2013-12-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Dennis, Cape Cod, MA

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Joe5150 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am



    _________________

    XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987

    The PhenomenalBullyOne

    Posts : 128
    Join date : 2014-01-24
    Age : 30

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 am

    I think alot of TNA vets are going to be there once their contracts are up. I can also see AJ Styles joining soon. Hope its on a TV Channel i got.
    avatar
    Joe5150

    Posts : 620
    Join date : 2013-12-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Dennis, Cape Cod, MA

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Joe5150 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:57 pm

    I think TNA & GFW will be secretly working together/fake competing. There was that rumor a few weeks back that this company was made to create fake competition for the number 2 spot in wrestling, creating some buzz. The fact that it states off the bat that they want to take over as number 2 and TNA is mentioned a ton of times, I think shows that.

    Also, last I checked, even though Jarrett left TNA, he is still a minority owner in the company. Nothing I've read or heard said otherwise.

    I'm going with these companies are actually working together.


    _________________

    XBox One GT: KrankDaddy
    Twitter: @JJSmithRadio
    Instagram: @JJSmith1987
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 544
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Spudz on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

    Jeff probably still a minority owner in TNA cause the Carters won't buy it from him and there probably nothing in writing that said he couldn't have ownership in another wrestling company.

    avatar
    TeeBeeKay

    Posts : 1170
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by TeeBeeKay on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:17 pm



    http://globalforcewrestling.com/gfw-press-release-1/

    an actual picture that appears on the new website...
    avatar
    Swarles
    Admin

    Posts : 2633
    Join date : 2013-12-12

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Swarles on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

    THAT'S AMAZING!!!

    avatar
    Xero

    Posts : 780
    Join date : 2013-12-12
    Age : 28
    Location : http://wrestleconnect.com

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Xero on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:43 pm

    Nice to see it's starting off on the right foot.
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1960
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by SBR on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:27 pm

    TeeBeeKay wrote:

    http://globalforcewrestling.com/gfw-press-release-1/

    an actual picture that appears on the new website...

    You know TNA might actually be in on this...


    _________________

    The PhenomenalBullyOne

    Posts : 128
    Join date : 2014-01-24
    Age : 30

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 pm

    Well I've always thought that Double J might be an investor with this TNA story line with MVP since I've always heard him say we're coming nd stuff like th at.
    avatar
    Indy
    Admin

    Posts : 444
    Join date : 2013-12-12
    Age : 29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Indy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 pm

    Why does their release have Microsoft spell check on?
    avatar
    Swarles
    Admin

    Posts : 2633
    Join date : 2013-12-12

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Swarles on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 pm

    Indy wrote:Why does their release have Microsoft spell check on?  

    Because they don't know what a PDF is?


    Sponsored content

    Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 am