WC Recipe Book

Indy
    Admin

WC Recipe Book

Post by Indy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:28 am

We used to have a recipe forum way back when. This picture makes me think it's time to renew this spirit.

Grant

Re: WC Recipe Book

Post by Grant on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:43 am

The world needs to stop shoving bacon in EVERYTHING. Seriously.

Post by Indy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 am

To be fair, I haven't jumped on the bacon bandwagon and I definitely haven't had bacon since last year.

This particular picture is something I'd be interested in trying though.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 am

Hummm... I like (but don't LOVE) bacon. I'll admit that putting it in things usually at least promises that your recipe will be at least "ok".

Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 am

I just made something that is a total hit with my wife and myself. I don't have cool pictures, but it is really easy.

Sausage stuffed chicken.

What you need
    - Half pound ground sausage
    - Two thick chicken breasts
    - Spicy Brown Mustard
    - Olive Oil
    - Butter
    - Pepper
    - Garlic
    - Cayenne Pepper
    - Cumin
    - Bread Crumbs
    - Lemon or lime juice
    - Toothpicks

What to do

1) Preheat the oven to 425 (ish)

2) Brown the Sausage

3) Use a really sharp knife to cut large slits into the sides of the chicken breast. Get as far into the chicken breast as possible without cutting through it or into the bottom. The cut on the side should be about 3 inches, but you can get into the majority of the chicken breast from there by maneuvering your cut.

4) Take two bowls. In the first mix couple table spoons of oil, a couple of tablespoons of butter, a few squirts of lemon or lime juice, all the spices (to taste - I never measure anything). In the other bowl mix your browned sausage, just a few squirts of spicy brown mustard, and maybe a tablespoon of breadcrumbs (really, not much).

5) Put the butter/oil mix in the microwave for 20 seconds

6) Stuff as much sausage as you can into each chickenbreast. I usually can't get it all in there, but pretty close.

7) pinch the chicken breasts closed (not completely) with a toothpick in each chicken breast.

Cool Brush the oil/butter/spice mix on the the chicken liberally.

9) Put int he oven in a greased pan for about 40-50 minutes. Take the chicken out every 10 minutes and brush it with the oil again.

You can also add cheese, mushrooms, peppers, or whatever else you like to the stuffing if you like. We are experimenting with all that to see what we like best. Honestly, just sausage is our favorite so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 am