WWE Network

Joe5150

Re: WWE Network

Post by Joe5150 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm

WWEN needs better descriptions of the shows. Right now some Old School early 80's WWF show is on the live stream, but the description reads:

"Old School card from the Maple Leaf Gardens features Andre the Giant taking on Kamala in a Steel Cage Match. The British Bulldogs and more."

How about the date if the show? The full card? Maybe even a little description of the feuds at the time?

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 pm

they need better service people every single time i call i get hung up on no matter cell phone or house phone
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 am

I thought there were supposed to be Raw and smackdown replays a la hulu? I also didn't think there would be such a delay on ppvs posting. Was I just making assumptions or is anyone else disappointed by this? Should this be changing soon once they get the kinks out and update everything?

Post by SBR on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:I thought there were supposed to be Raw and smackdown replays a la hulu? I also didn't think there would be such a delay on ppvs posting. Was I just making assumptions or is anyone else disappointed by this? Should this be changing soon once they get the kinks out and update everything?

The WWE had to honor some PPV distribution rights for Royal Rumble 14 (which is up on the network) and Elimination Chamber and couldn't put them up for 30 days. Once the PPVs start hitting the network they will be on VOD much sooner.

Also the Raw and Smackdown delays have to do with their TV deal, instead of 90 minutes you're going to get the full episode which is why the wait is longer. It all has to do with contracts they have.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Ugh... looks like I may have to pick up hulu plus again.

Post by WhoBetta on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Is the WWE Network the new TNA? Apparently nothing they do is right. This isnt being solely directed at some posts in this thread, but really over the internet as a whole.

If youre not looking for problems, you wont find them. Ive had very few issues with the network and honestly feel like Ive already gotten $60 worth already. The next 5 1/2 months are all gravy at this point.

SBR

Post by SBR on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 pm

WhoBetta wrote:Is the WWE Network the new TNA?  Apparently nothing they do is right.  This isnt being solely directed at some posts in this thread, but really over the internet as a whole.

If youre not looking for problems, you wont find them.  Ive had very few issues with the network and honestly feel like Ive already gotten $60 worth already. The next 5 1/2 months are all gravy at this point.

I mean I feel the same way and we haven't even gotten a pretty much free PPV yet.
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

WhoBetta wrote:Is the WWE Network the new TNA?  Apparently nothing they do is right.  This isnt being solely directed at some posts in this thread, but really over the internet as a whole.

If youre not looking for problems, you wont find them.  Ive had very few issues with the network and honestly feel like Ive already gotten $60 worth already. The next 5 1/2 months are all gravy at this point.

I agree with this, sure there have been hiccups here and there and every once in a while I notice something and roll my eyes at it, but at the end of the day what we're getting is pretty fucking awesome

Not saying they can't improve some stuff, because things can always be done better, but I am very content with my purchase thus far
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Don't get me wrong. I love the network. I am more mad at myself for nixing hulu prematurely and getting myself excited for things that don't exist.

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am

I've been hearing rumours via facebook so dont know if they r true or not but theres rumours going around that WWE is going to jack the price of t he network to 11.99 instead of 9.99? anyone hear of this?
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am

I haven't heard anything and I wouldn't put too much stock in FB, but I'd bet good money the price goes up within 18 months.

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:I haven't heard anything and I wouldn't put too much stock in FB, but I'd bet good money the price goes up within 18 months.

that would make sense I would just keep it at 10.00 just to keep the masses happy. 10 bucks is a great price for the network. I can't wait to c WM30 and Monday Night Wars whenever they throw them on.
    SBR

Post by SBR on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 am

Other countries that don't have the network had a question like that on a survey from the WWE.

Post by Slayer on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:15 am

Considering the content, $12 is still a fair deal. However, they just got the service started, so a price increase would not go over very well.

danhere

Post by danhere on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:18 am

when ever they say introductory price, that usually means for a short time until they get a good amount of buyers then they jack it up
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Has this been billed as an "introductory price"? I haven't paid attention. I would be shocked if they bumped it up in within the next 6-8 months. They want people to get used to having it, to take for granted they have access too all this content. They will start adding more stuff, more documentaries and what not I assume, then up the price a few bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they went as high as $15 with the justification being in the PPVs.

I would say $15 is about as high as I would go and i would seriously think about it then. It is still a fair value I think, but I have a pretty nice little DVD collection so I don't NEED the network for my wrestling. I wasn't ordering PPVs anyway so the network provided me the happy medium. Since the Raw and Smackdown replays are so delayed I could get more most pressing fix from hulu plus for $8.

That all said, it is nothing to worry about in the immediate future. It will be $10 for quite a while, I assume.

Post by SBR on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:22 pm

For at least a year I'd assume it'd stay at $10. I remember when Netflix went up a dollar and everyone freaked out.
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm

When they can show that their streaming and connectivity can work about as flawless as they can, then up the price. That would (I'd assume) be about 12-16 months away

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:17 pm

I wounder if the reason why they are streaming their own PPVS is to stop the streams from other websites to stream the PPV's? I mean 10 bucks even 15 bucks if it goes that good is still a good price for a PPV.
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Yeah but for most ppvs I don't want to spend money on them.

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:02 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Yeah but for most ppvs I don't want to spend money on them.

I can understand that and now with the Network we can relive the crapyniess of them crappy PPVsI am trying to remember some but drawing a blank at the moment.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Watching the new countdown about back stabs. One of the people interviewed is Vince Russo, which caused me to go "OH SHIT, IT'S VINCE RUSSO". Dammit Mike Tenay.

Also ECW and WCW ppvs are finally on xbox.

http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm

they need to add all the wwe ppvs as well a ton r still missing like SummerSlam and Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania
    SBR

Post by SBR on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:15 am

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:they need to add all the wwe ppvs as well a ton r still missing like SummerSlam and Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania

...what?

The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 pm

SBR wrote:
    The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:they need to add all the wwe ppvs as well a ton r still missing like SummerSlam and Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania

...what?

On the Xbox 360 they are missing atleast last time i checked the Royal Rumble SummerSlame and WrestleMania.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm