WWE drops "Antonio" from Cesaro's name

Joe5150

WWE drops "Antonio" from Cesaro's name

Post by Joe5150 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 pm

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/cesaro

I saw it on some news sites and it's legit, WWE has dropped "Antonio" from his name.
    SBR

Re: WWE drops "Antonio" from Cesaro's name

Post by SBR on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

This actually sets him apart from all these new two name loser geeks. I think this could be a good thing for him.

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:51 am

This means face turn.
    Slayer

Post by Slayer on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:32 am

I don't get what WWE has against wrestlers having two names (many males only go by their last name, while most females only use a first name), but if this means that they are giving Cesaro a renewed push, then I'm all for it.

While his spot in the Elimination Chamber match is by no means a guarantee for a main event push (see Mike Knox, Vladimir Kozlov, John Morrison, Chris Masters, etc.), but based off the SmackDown spoilers, things are definitely looking up for Cesaro right now.
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 am

I don't really care about the name change one way or another, but I do hope - like others - that this means the E is taking him pretty seriously for a push. Dragon is still my favorite wrestler, but I would be hard pressed to say he was outright better than Cesaro in the ring last year. Cesaro didn't have the same platform that Dragon did, but when you look at what he was able to do on Raw and NXT, you can't escape how good he is and has been for a very long time. His size will make this pill easier to swallow for WWE officials as well.

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:50 pm

I love Cesaro, but I will outright say Bryan was better in the ring last year than he was.
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Slayer wrote:I don't get what WWE has against wrestlers having two names (many males only go by their last name, while most females only use a first name), but if this means that they are giving Cesaro a renewed push, then I'm all for it.

While his spot in the Elimination Chamber match is by no means a guarantee for a main event push (see Mike Knox, Vladimir Kozlov, John Morrison, Chris Masters, etc.), but based off the SmackDown spoilers, things are definitely looking up for Cesaro right now.

I really hate the diva names. It kind of makes them sound like strippers.

CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm

JustSkiff wrote:I love Cesaro, but I will outright say Bryan was better in the ring last year than he was.

I am not going to argue that Cesaro was better, I just think it is really close and really hard to decide (a sentiment you obviously don't share). They were doing things on different stages too. In some ways Dragon had the big match feel and the hot crowds he could draw from, but cesaro had a little bit more freedom to go hard on NXT.

I am certainly not going to argue against Dragon on in ring talent, but to me the output was pretty close last year.

Post by Slayer on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:39 pm

In related news, Big E Langston has also dropped part of his name. In this case, it's his last name as WWE is now billing him simply as Big E.
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

When does he team with Rob E?
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

This is why punk left. they wanted to drop the CM.

JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 am

Not the Crooked Moonsault.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am