Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Share
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1954
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by SBR on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 am

    WWF Attitude wrote:yeah he never worked for a sleazy business man like Vince McMahon


    avatar
    CapitalTTruth

    Posts : 584
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 33

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by CapitalTTruth on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:21 pm

    Yeah, I am not sure I buy into the romanticization of the whole holding out thing. I get it I guess, but I am not sure it really means much. Actually, in an ideal world he just signs a merch deal and never shows up on TV. That way we all win in terms of video games, dvds, action figures, or whatever other wrestling merch there is, but we can all say he never wrestled for Vinny Mac and he never did the job at wrestlemania.


    _________________
    "Briscoe brothers, you damn dirty chicken farmers, we ain't done with you all by a long shot. West Virginia style son" - Necro Butcher
    avatar
    RefChrist

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2014-01-09
    Age : 35
    Location : Fresno, Ca

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by RefChrist on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:29 pm

    Some of us still don't want to see him in a wwe box or on a dvd cover. I know I am unique in this around here but anything associated with the wwe needs to remain Sting free. I haven't yet bought a "best of WCW' Or "Best of nitro" or any of the wwe dvds about WcW too me that production just seems disrespectful to the memory. Like allot of things wwe has done. I will be proud of myself as a 90year old dieing man having never gave a Mcmahon a dime of my money.
    avatar
    CapitalTTruth

    Posts : 584
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 33

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by CapitalTTruth on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 pm

    That is a radical stand that i can't fathom as a wrestling fan. I mean, good for you if that is how you feel.

    So you have never watched WWE on TV (at least not as an adult) or bought a single WWE dvd? Nothing?


    _________________
    "Briscoe brothers, you damn dirty chicken farmers, we ain't done with you all by a long shot. West Virginia style son" - Necro Butcher
    avatar
    RefChrist

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2014-01-09
    Age : 35
    Location : Fresno, Ca

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by RefChrist on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm

    Ive watched very little on TV over the last 10 years. I have been at parties where it was on and watched, I have never paid for a wwe DVD or merchandise as an adult. I got turned onto wrestling in the late 80's by my uncle who was a big NWA / WCW fan, He had a big tape collection, so i grew up watching that stuff. He wasn't a wwf fan either so i never saw it. Of course as a young kid I would go to shows but not really notice the difference, and in the 90's I watched some. But always waiting for Wcw on Saturdays or Nitro when it came up. When the Monday night wars were going on, I was completely one sided and as i learned more and more about wrestling I just learned to hate their entire philosophy. From shutting down the regions / indies, to changing the style of match booking and writing to the way Vince has always treated the business, I have always been anti McMahon.

    I dont use I-products either out of principle after learning the details of the Steve Jobs / Bill gates split.
    avatar
    CapitalTTruth

    Posts : 584
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 33

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by CapitalTTruth on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:13 pm

    You are a principled man and I admire that.


    _________________
    "Briscoe brothers, you damn dirty chicken farmers, we ain't done with you all by a long shot. West Virginia style son" - Necro Butcher
    avatar
    Slayer

    Posts : 560
    Join date : 2013-12-21

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Slayer on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

    RefChrist wrote:Some of us still don't want to see him in a wwe box or on a dvd cover. I know I am unique in this around here but anything associated with the wwe needs to remain Sting free. I haven't yet bought a "best of WCW' Or "Best of nitro" or any of the wwe dvds about WcW too me that production just seems disrespectful to the memory. Like allot of things wwe has done. I will be proud of myself as a 90year old dieing man having never gave a Mcmahon a dime of my money.

    To be fair, the WCW DVDs lately have been very complimentary of the product. They're usually hosted by a familiar WCW personality (DDP for the Nitro DVDs, and Dusty Rhodes for the Clash Of The Champions set), and really put over WCW's history.

    avatar
    WWF Attitude

    Posts : 582
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 29

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by WWF Attitude on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:04 am

    RefChrist wrote:As soon as I find out if Nitro and Thunder episodes will be available, I will order... The WcW pay per views will be worth the cost alone, since there are huge gaps in my collection,,, I cannot wait to see some of the pay per views show up.



    _________________
    avatar
    RefChrist

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2014-01-09
    Age : 35
    Location : Fresno, Ca

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by RefChrist on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm

    Hahaha, Good one Attitude
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 540
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Spudz on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:39 pm

    Sting has a new favorite number!
    http://instagram.com/p/mdWTqEHkei/#
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1954
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by SBR on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:33 pm

    That looks more like Real Estate Steve.


    _________________
    avatar
    TeeBeeKay

    Posts : 1170
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by TeeBeeKay on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:44 pm

    Sucks to be him right now
    avatar
    CapitalTTruth

    Posts : 584
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 33

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by CapitalTTruth on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

    I hate "Holy Shit" and "This is Awesome" chants.... ugh.


    Look, I don't really want to see Taker back. I think he deserves to ride off into the sunset. If he did come back there would at least be some ambiguity as to who would win the match, now that the pressure of the streak is gone. Though having him lose to Sting would sort of undo a lot of the good that Brock could do with this rub.



    _________________
    "Briscoe brothers, you damn dirty chicken farmers, we ain't done with you all by a long shot. West Virginia style son" - Necro Butcher
    avatar
    Spudz

    Posts : 540
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Spudz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:11 pm

    from lordsofpain.net who copied it from the observer newsletter

    Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

    It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question.

    The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler

    phoynexz

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2013-12-15

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by phoynexz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

    Spudz wrote:from lordsofpain.net who copied it from the observer newsletter

    Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

    It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question.

    The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler

    Well, I guess Sting realized that companies, like people, can change. WWE is not the sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, and more sex and drugs company they used to be.
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1954
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by SBR on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 pm

    Shit.


    _________________
    avatar
    JustSkiff

    Posts : 1404
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 28
    Location : NOVA

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by JustSkiff on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:37 am

    Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.
    avatar
    Grant

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Location : Valhalla

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Grant on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:46 am

    I'm not bothered by Sting coming in at all. As long as he's not a full time talent? I'm okay with it. A few big matches here and there, a DVD, a Hall of Fame nod? All for it. It's if he turns into a frequent squasher of young guys or starts winning titles that I'm uneasy about it. And I do most certainly fear a title run.


    _________________
    avatar
    CapitalTTruth

    Posts : 584
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 33

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by CapitalTTruth on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 am

    I am betting on one to three (TOPS) matches. The DVD is the big payoff for me.


    _________________
    "Briscoe brothers, you damn dirty chicken farmers, we ain't done with you all by a long shot. West Virginia style son" - Necro Butcher
    avatar
    Slayer

    Posts : 560
    Join date : 2013-12-21

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Slayer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm

    If WrestleMania XXX was indeed Undertaker's last match like many are speculating, then I have no idea who would be a good fit for Sting to work with. That's the only program that really makes any sense for him in the WWE, since Taker is one of the only few wrestlers left from the same era that fans wanted to see matchup.

    WWE is clearly smart enough to not utilize Sting as a full-time wrestler. TNA made a huge mistake in overexposing him, thus making his diminishing his starpower as an attraction. While he is far past his prime, he definitely does need to have one or a few matches in this run, otherwise he just comes across as some random old guy to WWE fans that have never seen him before.

    And it would be an absolute shame if Sting's final matches were those god-awful, overbooked messes he had with Magnus and EC3 in TNA.
    avatar
    Swarles
    Admin

    Posts : 2589
    Join date : 2013-12-12

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Swarles on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm

    Slayer wrote:If WrestleMania XXX was indeed Undertaker's last match like many are speculating, then I have no idea who would be a good fit for Sting to work with. That's the only program that really makes any sense for him in the WWE, since Taker is one of the only few wrestlers left from the same era that fans wanted to see matchup.

    WWE is clearly smart enough to not utilize Sting as a full-time wrestler. TNA made a huge mistake in overexposing him, thus making his diminishing his starpower as an attraction. While he is far past his prime, he definitely does need to have one or a few matches in this run, otherwise he just comes across as some random old guy to WWE fans that have never seen him before.

    And it would be an absolute shame if Sting's final matches were those god-awful, overbooked messes he had with Magnus and EC3 in TNA.
    Don't worry I'm sure any of the other once a year guys would be cool working sting. HHH, Rock, maybe even HBK comes out of retirement for a "dream" match.


    _________________

    http://www.youtube.com/SwarlesFPR
    http://twitch.tv/swarles
    avatar
    SBR

    Posts : 1954
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by SBR on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

    Hogan vs Sting


    _________________
    avatar
    TeeBeeKay

    Posts : 1170
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by TeeBeeKay on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

    Sting v Shawne Merriman
    avatar
    Vipes

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2013-12-13
    Age : 32
    Location : Southwestern New York

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Vipes on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 pm

    Sting Vs. Kane


    _________________
    avatar
    dragondragon

    Posts : 344
    Join date : 2014-03-03
    Age : 23
    Location : Pennsylvania

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by dragondragon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

    Sting vs Fandango


    _________________
    I'm a male.. Just saying. LGBTQA advocate.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 pm